Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts 2

(1001 Posts)
Anne58 Wed 09-Sep-15 11:17:55

The original one is full, having reached 1,000 posts shock, so I thought we could start again!

Iam64 Thu 17-Sep-15 20:24:05

The mumsnet discussion suggests Rob prevented Helen from using contraceptives the night of the unpleasantness ????.

Anne58 Wed 23-Sep-15 14:17:35

How far is it from Grey Gables to Lower Loxley?

merlotgran Wed 23-Sep-15 14:28:33

Surely it can't be ten miles? hmm

Anne58 Wed 23-Sep-15 14:35:22

Aha merlot you see what I mean! grin

merlotgran Wed 23-Sep-15 19:44:19

Does Rob know about the in depth investigation he'll be letting himself in for, I wonder? hmm

Toby obviously didn't watch The Apprentice, phoenix grin

Anne58 Wed 23-Sep-15 19:48:33

Errrm, neither did I, merlot !??? (re The Apprentice, not in depth investigation for thatbastartd Rob)

merlotgran Wed 23-Sep-15 19:52:57

I can't remember the exact scenario but one of the numpties contestants promised exclusivity of her team's product to a modest little shop only a mile or so away from a very affluent area where they would have made a killing thereby losing them the task.

I expect the Beeb has a little box full of these gems so the SWs can blindfold themselves and play lucky dip when the ideas dry up.

Luckygirl Wed 23-Sep-15 20:10:51

Jenny seems to be in the grip of an obsession over the "murder" of John Tregoran - seems a bit of a silly plotline.

Juanita96 Thu 24-Sep-15 08:41:07

The behind the scenes story of Grace's demise in 1955 was written as a radio play. "Dead Girls tell no Tales" was aired on Saturday 19 September. You can still download the podcast from Radio 4 Drama

merlotgran Thu 24-Sep-15 21:09:08

If Rob goes ahead with the adoption process will his run in with the CSA come to light even though he is allegedly not the father of Jess's baby?

What about his relationship with his parents? hmm

suzied Thu 24-Sep-15 21:12:28

What about the fact that Helen seems to be having doubts?

BlackeyedSusan Thu 24-Sep-15 23:33:42

Nah, now he wants parental rights so he can speed things up and get his grubby little mits on Henry and arrange things without Helen's consent.

Helen definitely is either pregnant or feeling v sick at the thought of spending all her life with Rob

Perhaps Rob has found out that you need a police check and is worried about the attack on the sab.

He is isolating her from friends, gaslighting, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, whittling down her confidence to make choices, keeping a tight rein on her.

Perhaps Jess filed a complaint about Dv at some point.

Iam64 Fri 25-Sep-15 15:55:34

I think that because Rob and Helen are married, Rob now has parental rights

Gracesgran Fri 25-Sep-15 16:36:33

Isn't there a new law which allows a women (or, presumably, a man) to check on the record of a new partner? If there is could someone please remind Helen.

Anne58 Fri 25-Sep-15 16:41:40

Only heard last nights episode today (had a friend round)

The step parents rights thing is worrying!

Also Helen dashing off (to be sick?) possibly points the way?

chelseababy Mon 28-Sep-15 19:18:43

Spoiler alert....

Well as widely predicted Heather didn't make it to Brookfield. Willvthey expect Kill to move back in ? Cue guilt all round.

Alea Mon 28-Sep-15 19:18:45

Oh dear sad Spoiler alert - look away now!

Poor Heather, but she was so happy in the car, you could hardly choose a better way to go

Right, you can look now.

chelseababy Mon 28-Sep-15 19:19:12

Jill not Kill!

Anne58 Mon 28-Sep-15 19:19:39

Well, they'll have to move the writing desk back again!

Alea Mon 28-Sep-15 19:20:45

Freudian slip chelseababy!! wink

grumppa Mon 28-Sep-15 19:22:43

So Heather dies as Jill moves out. How very (in)considerate of her. I had hoped she and Ruth would be wiped out in a car crash on their way home, but you can't win them all.

And as for that bounder Rob not walking - never mind how he treats his wife, he should be horsewhipped on the steps of his club.

merlotgran Mon 28-Sep-15 19:32:38

Quick, Jill. Move back in before they fill your room with Heather's furniture.

Luckygirl Mon 28-Sep-15 19:40:37

I just came on here to suggest that they would have to move Jill's writing desk back only to find that phoenix has beaten me to it - great minds and all that!

Now Jill will want to move back and Elizabeth will get the 'ump. Cue another Archers family rift!!

PollyEster1 Tue 29-Sep-15 11:55:22

Hello! My first message on Gransnet and, no,it's not about my Grands, our new kitten addition to the family, but a grumble about TA scriptwriters and what I've learned about them these past few weeks..

1. They're not gardeners (hence the Albertine rose flowering at the end of September fiasco)

2. They're not cooks (not even the Beeb's own Food Board puts onions in a pasta bake) and now

3. It's obviously been many years since any of them travelled by train. Second Class carriages? Announcements are always made of the position of the First Class carriages and Buffet Car, but any reference to the riff-raff section has long since gone.

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, hasn't Our Tone done well, ditching his walking stick to umpire a cricket match? Pity that his eyesight and hearing are so impaired, tho.

Will they be taking Heatherpet back to Prudder to be interred next to Sol, I wonder?

LullyDully Tue 29-Sep-15 12:12:20

(Shame she didn't know the words of the old musical shall song. )

My problem is I still have trouble recognising some of the newer voices and need contextual clues.

Pip confuses me.

Which Goose Brother is which; is it the goodie or the baddy.

For radio it's important to have distinctive voices like Jennifer, Linda, Brian etc....Can't be my age....hope not.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion