Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Stender's!!

(37 Posts)
kittylester Thu 26-Nov-15 21:06:59

Someone please explain. I'm a bit poorly and didn't understand ANY of it. confused

PRINTMISS Sun 29-Nov-15 08:07:30

Like you number it is the only one I watch, and still do not know why! Perhaps the fun of just prophesying what will happen next is part of it.

numberplease Sat 28-Nov-15 22:53:04

I`ve not missed a single episode since it started in February 1985, and I love it, but I do think that the Kathy storyline was one that they could have done without, it just didn`t make any sense, and seemed very amateurish. It`s the only British soap that I watch.

ninathenana Sat 28-Nov-15 08:36:11

I used to watch them all, I think DD was born knowing the 'Neighbours' theme tune grin
Haven't watched any of the others for years.
I read occasionally in the press about Emerdale plot, and who's now partnered with who, now that is confusing!

Alima Sat 28-Nov-15 07:59:24

I am not ready to give up yet. Find it good "veg" telly. Only been watching it for 30 years after all. There is hope, went cold turkey on Corrie years ago with no withdrawal symptoms!

Nelliemoser Sat 28-Nov-15 07:37:00

All of your comments are why I gave up trying to follow the totally unlikely plots years ago.
Too melodramatic, too many deaths out side the Queen Vic every Christmas.
Too many people appearing to come back from the dead.
There have been good moments but the general "totally improbable" ratings are far too high.

Marelli Sat 28-Nov-15 06:40:42

Oh, of course - Nick Cotton!!
I agree, ninathenana, 'Phil' has been playing a great part. Really good acting.

ninathenana Sat 28-Nov-15 01:26:09

Nick Cotton's son Charlie is the father of Matthew, Ronnie Mitchell's boy.
DIdn't Roxy tell Dean that Ronnie killed Karl because he tried to rape her (Roxy)
Can't remember his name but the actor who plays Phil was great tonight.

Pittcity Fri 27-Nov-15 22:07:06

Nick Cotton.

Marelli Fri 27-Nov-15 21:17:01

Nick who? Oh dear, why do I even watch it? confused!!!

wotanuisanceABC123 Fri 27-Nov-15 20:32:10

I'm even more confused after this episode!

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 19:32:21

Possibly!!

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 19:31:08

Karl was a thug! The ex police one (who wasn't) was Nicks son but I don't know whether he is dead or alive!

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 19:28:11

I think Denise has had a few- the father/s of her daughters, Kevin, Jordan's dad.......confused

Marelli Fri 27-Nov-15 19:14:46

Which one was Karl? Was he the one that used to be a policeman? How did Ronnie murder him?
And I have no idea about Denise's husband - or even that she had one in the first place.... confused

Charleygirl Fri 27-Nov-15 18:38:01

Thankfully I have never watched it or Emmerdale. I will stick with Coronation Street. I now need sub titles because of the muttering, especially among the younger generation.

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 18:01:43

He's not a copper! He's a grass! Possibly!!!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 27-Nov-15 17:26:21

nina he's definitely a copper. They make it up as they go along, instalment by instalment. hmm

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 17:14:26

Thank goodness, I'm not the only one - wonder what will happen tonight!

soontobe Fri 27-Nov-15 16:43:03

He is an informant apparently.
I have forgotten the rest!

PRINTMISS Fri 27-Nov-15 16:39:02

Surely if Vincent is a 'cop' then he should 'cop' Ronnie because he knows she killed Karl, who was evidently getting too friendly with Roxy, and we all know that Ronnie is Roxy's sister and looks after her, so Roxy goes to the police about Ronnie killing Karl, in order that Ronnie will be out of the way so that she (Roxy) can share her life with the very doubtful Dean, who did (we saw it) rape the publican's wife (sorry I have forgotten her name). however, it is not the police who come to arrest Ronnie, but some friends of Vincent (I assume) who get her out of the way, then return her, so that ...................................oh I give up.

ninathenana Fri 27-Nov-15 08:45:28

grin downtoearth

downtoearth Fri 27-Nov-15 08:34:34

I keep going up and downstairs hoping for a new face ....nope I have still got the old one grin

Pittcity Fri 27-Nov-15 08:24:00

The children go upstairs and come down six months later with a new face.

ninathenana Fri 27-Nov-15 07:56:27

Where did Cathy go ?
Why hasn't Ronnie been arrested ?
Where are the Mitchell "we're sisters" children ?
Who would seriously give Dot her job back ?
Did anyone else pick up on the hint of Vincent possibly being a copper ?

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 06:44:43

Last time Cora was on she looked cleaner than the time before!

Prison education has got better lately as Denise's husband is now a surgeon!

Wasn't Karl going to rape her? It's nice to see Honey - she makes me smile!

DD2 is my go to expert and even she is confused.