Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Saturday Kitchen

(13 Posts)
Deedaa Sun 08-May-16 21:00:19

I think it's more about the personalities than the food because lately they all seem to cook vastly over complicated restaurant food with dozens of ingredients using every pan in the kitchen. No body's actually going to try any of it. I used to watch it to see James and see what wines they were buying.

Lapwing Sun 08-May-16 17:08:00

I have only watched it once since James Martin left and it was just not the same - really miss him. sad

KatyK Sun 08-May-16 16:47:47

My DH said to me once about James Martin 'you've got a thing about him' He got no argument from me grin blush Yes not sure the yummy Brummie will cope - we'll see.

kittylester Sun 08-May-16 14:55:43

I often print off recipes from the show but, as I don't sit down and watch it but have it on in background, it needs to be pleasant to watch out of the corner my eye. Thus week's was particularly awful.

I look forward to the yummy brummy but I find him a but frenetic too.

James Martin was such an easy watch blush

Leonora47 Sun 08-May-16 12:55:58

Interesting that all the comments are about personalities, rather than the food actually produced. Isn't this programme really just a jokey get-together for blokey guys, most of whom can't cook and can't present?

rubylady Sun 08-May-16 03:12:58

Me too, Saturday Kitchen and Sunday Brunch, a lovely set up to the rest of the days of the weekend. Sadly James can't keep doing it or he would be like Ken Barlow, never doing anything else with his life.

merlotgran Sat 07-May-16 21:28:54

I also think Donal Skehan has been the best guest presenter so far.

We switched off this morning. I can't stand Gennaro Contaldo who seems to think his double act with Jamie Oliver is highly amusing......It isn't!

Saturday Kitchen has always been the background to our Saturday mornings, especially during the winter when there's no need to get going until it's nearly time to think about lunch grin

We miss James Martin sad

Deedaa Sat 07-May-16 21:12:56

Thought Gennaro and Antonio would be pretty chaotic. At least they had Jamie holding it together. I think Donal is the best by a long way - do miss James though.

ninathenana Sat 07-May-16 18:37:11

I've never watched it hmm

KatyK Sat 07-May-16 18:04:43

It was a bit of a shambles this morning. I agree kitty that Donal was very good. It's Glyn Purnell (the yummy Brummie) - a local boy - next week. Let's see how he gets on. Come back James!

Charleygirl Sat 07-May-16 16:42:20

I missed today's- I no longer go out of my way to watch it as I no longer enjoy it. I think as viewers vanish so will it.

BBbevan Sat 07-May-16 15:55:41

Only saw bits, but I thought it was a bit chaotic.

kittylester Sat 07-May-16 15:42:30

I always knew that Saturday Kitchen would not be so good without the gorgeous James Martin but it is now completely dire - today being the worst episode by far.

The only one i have enjoyed in the new format was the one hosted by Donal Skehaen who I could watch and listen to all the time!

What does anyone else think?