Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Cold Feet

(75 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Mon 05-Sep-16 22:02:35

That was so good.

But I'm gonna have to get the previous series cos I can't remember enough about it!

Pollengran Tue 06-Sep-16 10:29:50

We loved it! Quite a few developing storylines, and without giving away any spoilers, I am intrigued by the neighbour wink.

henetha Tue 06-Sep-16 10:35:02

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it... Three cheers!!!

cloverpark Tue 06-Sep-16 10:48:58

I've recorded last evening's because of all the hype but have never watched it previously. I really don't have the time or inclination to watch the previous series.Do you think I'll enjoy this new series without knowing what went before, please?

oldgoose Tue 06-Sep-16 10:54:29

I didn't see it before, but was easy to follow and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next one.

janza Tue 06-Sep-16 10:56:29

Loved it ?

Badenkate Tue 06-Sep-16 11:00:09

DH and I enjoyed it and had no problem following it even though we hadn't seen any of the previous series cloverpark. Give it a try

radicalnan Tue 06-Sep-16 11:13:33

It was fabulous, how lovely to see something that reflects real life and is not all axe murders or forensics..........bring it on.....the human condition is worth exploring at a mundane level (almost) and we should celebrate that more.

HannahLoisLuke Tue 06-Sep-16 11:17:04

Loved it too. Got the whole five series of the first lot on cd.
I don't mind that Rachel isn't in it, she was the only character that I never warmed to.
The others are all brilliant, wish Ramona was still in it though, she was so funny.
Yes, I noted the sly comment about Adam's hair too.

Lona Tue 06-Sep-16 11:21:09

In the street shots of Adam's apartment, the big white building on the corner is where I worked for ten years! It was Midland Bank, King St, now a Jamie Oliver restaurant.
#Ifeelreallyoldnow

ninathenana Tue 06-Sep-16 11:21:52

Pleased to find that nobody I've spoken to on line or RL has a bad word to say about it smile

AnneGran Tue 06-Sep-16 12:24:25

I loved it! I wasn't sure it would work again but I had no need to worry. Can't wait to see how it develops. ?

Mumsy Tue 06-Sep-16 12:33:59

Never bothered watching it before, but gave it a go last night and I loved it. Had me in fits of laughter!

missdeke Tue 06-Sep-16 12:57:10

I missed most of the previous series because I was working abroad, so glad it was available on the Iplayer as I binge watched the whole lot over a week, it was brilliant and the new series looks like it is going to go the same way too.

Armynanny Tue 06-Sep-16 13:04:02

I didn't watch it before but watched last night's episode this morning. Brilliant - is it worth watching previous programmes?

prefect Tue 06-Sep-16 13:37:24

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had only seen the last of the previous series, and think that some of the actors have improved. Very subtle and bittersweet. I loved how they played with the stereotype of the pushy, entitled Singapore fiance when she arrived and then she turned out to be charming and delightful.

amy2shoes Tue 06-Sep-16 13:55:12

I too absolutely loved the new series, well done itv

LullyDully Tue 06-Sep-16 14:25:08

Not sure I quite understand the magnetic appeal of Adam to every woman who looks at him Also think Pete would look a bit more aged ( good job he got his eyes done before losing his job. Sorry to be b.t..y. ) However I do enjoy the relationships and the boy from CBBC is very good as Matthew.. He must be nearer 20 than 15.

hulahoop Tue 06-Sep-16 14:39:29

IEnjoyed it but admit I didn't hear lines about hair message to self listen more closely next time I was busy watching a spider at same time that's my excuse??

BRedhead59 Tue 06-Sep-16 15:00:33

fast pace, well directed, well scripted, well acted, actually brilliantly acted - it has my attention.

Vonnie123 Tue 06-Sep-16 15:45:47

Was worried that it wouldn't live up to the original series but it certainly didn't disappoint. Sky+ is now set to record the whole series.

Elrel Tue 06-Sep-16 15:57:03

Didn't watch it before, will find it on ITV hub. Loved it!

gettingonabit Tue 06-Sep-16 16:02:07

I missed it first time round too, and wondering whether it's worth getting on DVD?

grannybuy Tue 06-Sep-16 16:15:20

Most definitely worth watching the first series. It's one of those that you never forget - a bit like America's Thirty Something. You begin to relate to the characters so much, as if you know them!

HannahLoisLuke Tue 06-Sep-16 16:19:09

To all of you girls asking if it's worth watching the original series, YES! YES! YES!

I can still laugh at the memory of Adam Babysitting somebody's baby for the afternoon and testing the theory about a newborn's grip by trying to hang it by the hands on the washing line! Luckily he caught the baby, I think just as the parents returned.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 06-Sep-16 16:26:39

Oh! So James Nesbitt has had a hair transplant! I wondered what the remark about him having more hair now was all about. I had no idea. How do I miss these things?

#mustkeepup