Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Sherlock

(15 Posts)
nigglynellie Thu 05-Jan-17 21:50:36

I too know Oxford. I was born there, and lived both there and in nearby Abingdon. I went to college in St Giles, and worked in Oxford till I married and moved away when I was 21!
I loved Morse, and now Endeavor, as like roses and NK I recognise so much of the location, particularly the city.

NanKate Thu 05-Jan-17 19:28:28

Yes I agree Roses the young actor who plays the lead role is brilliant so is his boss, such good acting, excellent storylines and you and I know Oxford which adds to the interest. In fact I have watched the previous series again recently on catch up.

Jane10 Thu 05-Jan-17 09:41:04

Ooh thanks for the heads up. A new series of Endeavour is a real treat to look forward to.

PRINTMISS Thu 05-Jan-17 09:40:07

I decided not to watch, it is far too complicated for me, and once again the speech is very low and fast. I put the t.v. on for two reasons, catch up with the latest news and weather, and be entertained. I am finding the entertainment rather thin on the ground.

rosesarered Thu 05-Jan-17 08:41:48

Me too Nankate in fact I think Endeavour is better than the Morse series.They get the 60's period stuff exactly right, the clothes, cars, attitudes and speech.Wonderful acting, good sound plots and dialogue.

NanKate Thu 05-Jan-17 07:31:44

I watched Jonathan Creek last night in the hopes that the BBC would redeem itself with a decent show and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Don't forget to record/watch/catchup Endeavour which starts this Sunday on ITV. I just love it especially as it us set in the 1960s in Oxford. I recognise most of the streets in the town which amuses me. I wish the BBC would write a series set in Cambridge. I love old buildings.

Greyduster Wed 04-Jan-17 10:56:02

I gave up in the end, trying to keep up with all the bits of his 'clues' flashing up on the screen and the ludicrous plot. The only thing that rescues it for me is Martin Freeman.

rosesarered Wed 04-Jan-17 10:10:01

It was tosh! But not enjoyable tosh ( a fine distinction) we did watch it all and then wished that we hadn't bothered.

grannylyn65 Wed 04-Jan-17 09:20:03

Same here confused!

Jane10 Wed 04-Jan-17 09:18:20

Its got a bit ridiculous really. I think the writers have got too carried away with themselves.

Teetime Wed 04-Jan-17 09:00:04

I had to have two goes at this, they speak so fast I couldn't keep up. The plot was so fantastical (I suppose it usually is) I will keep going just to see BC at his best.

annodomini Tue 03-Jan-17 22:41:17

I persevered with it but found it utterly confusing and don't know if I'll bother with the series.

jusnoneed Tue 03-Jan-17 22:32:34

I struggled with the last series and this one seems to be going the same way. Don't know why they are making them so odd now, such a shame as it was really good.

Coolgran65 Tue 03-Jan-17 22:29:05

If that is the one that was on last night, I got fed up with it after about 15 minutes and left dh to it.

NanKate Tue 03-Jan-17 21:35:01

Anyone watch the latest Sherlock ? I have been keeping it as a treat, however I am about 30 minutes into it and not enjoying it at all. Is it worth sticking with ?