Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

ALL 4 on Catch Up Problems

(11 Posts)
POGS Sat 09-Sep-17 12:04:49

grin

Luckygirl Sat 09-Sep-17 10:15:51

I will not tell you what OH chose as password whilst exasperated by the whole thing!! grin

Luckygirl Sat 09-Sep-17 10:15:03

All4 has been a total pain. We registered with them, as they all seem to require now, but when we tried to access a catch-up programme a few weeks later via the roku it would not accept any of it and we spent the evening tatting around trying to get it to work, and in communication with All4. Eventually it got sorted but I am willing to bet it will be a problem again next time we try to get on to it.

Jane10 Sat 09-Sep-17 09:55:46

I have the same problem with ITV. I just make sure I record any ITV programmes I want to watch anyway as I can then fast forward through the adverts.

EthelJ Sat 09-Sep-17 09:49:31

Oh no I'm sorry it didn't work. It is so annoying when the technology fails. Channel4 told me to email them again with further details if a reboot doesn't help. I hope it gets sorted soon.

POGS Fri 08-Sep-17 20:31:38

Ethelj

Tried that thanks, still the same Grrrrr.

NanKate Fri 08-Sep-17 19:54:44

I watch All4 on my IPad. I just downloaded the All4 app which was easily done and I sit snug in bed watching Valkyrie. Sorted, hopefully.

EthelJ Fri 08-Sep-17 19:36:35

I had a problem with all4 on my Samsung too. It went to the load up page but didn't actually load. When I contacted them they said to reload all the smart hub settings. Which has solved the problem. It was very annoying though because it meant I had to put passwords in again for Netflix, I player etc.

Tegan2 Tue 05-Sep-17 09:17:31

Can't offer advice but can sympathise as my catchup in general is very hit and miss and it's so frustrating. Seems the more I want to see a programme the more it plays up/doesn't work. Makes it so difficult to plan things. Can watch everything on the computer but that means sitting in an uncomfortable chair in a cold room.

gillybob Tue 05-Sep-17 07:50:40

We've got similar problems with ITV POGS fine until the break then it just seems to buffer and eventually you have to start again. Good job we don't watch too much TV but I tried to catch up on my Corrie ( we had the children all last week so no TV) and I gave up it would have taken me an hour to watch 30 minutes television !

POGS Mon 04-Sep-17 18:55:39

I have 2 Samsung Smart T.V's and both have a most annoying problem with ALL 4 Catch Up.

I start to watch an episode of say Valkyrie but at the end of the 1st ad break it does not pick part 2 of the same episode it goes straight to the next episode in the series.

To be able to pick up from the ad breaks I have to press return to 'Search' press the episode I am watching and fast forward to part 2 and repeat this for every section when the ads appear. Grrrrr.

I contacted ALL 4 but they only said 'We are looking into this problem'.

Is anybody else having this most annoying problem. I have the patience of a saint but I am at the point of not starting to watch any Channel 4 programmes in case I need to Catch Up.

Sorry long winded explanation and hard to follow my description of the problem. blush