Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(844 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

maryeliza54 Wed 04-Apr-18 16:25:04

And it will all end in tears - Will will be having a go at Emma, Ed will defend her by saying well at least Em hasn’t knocked someone down and lied about it. Dum de dum de dum de dum

Lazigirl Wed 04-Apr-18 18:02:23

Oh Thanks! I thought Joe had told Ed initially and wondered how Will knew.

GracesGranMK2 Wed 04-Apr-18 18:13:33

Jo did say something to Ed but it was Will that clarified it when they were together, on their own in the keepers cottage. I thought the Will side of the conversation sounded weird to be honest with Will seeming to think keeping Nic "safe" a natural thing to do. It's quite a burden for Ed to carry and I agree maryeliza - it will all end in tears and your scenario seems a very likely one.

Iam64 Wed 04-Apr-18 18:23:33

maryeliza, your scenario is scarily possible. People holding family secrets, especially when their relationships have been far from straight forward are at risk in the heat of emotion, of saying something they later regret.
Now that Neil is reading the news - who is the continuity announcer. The one a couple of nights ago was fantastic and said we needed more dum de dum de dumdedum and played it.

merlotgran Wed 04-Apr-18 19:23:19

Why is Helen always being described as a successful business woman when she doesn't have a clue how to market her cheese making classes?

Does she really think no further than Borsetshire? hmm

And WHY does Henry still sound like a four year old? He's seven for heaven's sake.

Elrel Wed 04-Apr-18 20:50:34

Is Jenny Darling going to set up home with activist Olwen?
Can Roy cope with Ian and Adam watching every stage of the surrogacy with his beloved?! It's all very up close and personal and Roy's stolidly conventional at heart!

Patsy70 Wed 04-Apr-18 21:51:24

Jenny? I thought that was Pat!

merlotgran Wed 04-Apr-18 22:11:21

Will Pat insist that Olwen moves into Bridge Farm?

That'll put the cat among the pigeons.

GracesGranMK2 Wed 04-Apr-18 22:36:49

It was Pat. She is looking back at her Greenham Common days and wondering what she has achieved.

Elrel Wed 04-Apr-18 22:52:41

Oops, obviously not concentrating this evening. Thanks for corrections!
JD doesn't stoop to bestow her game casserole on the homeless. Too busy trying to stuff poor Lexi with her insistent stream of a nutritious dishes. Treating her like a brood mare with no choices or knowledge of her own needs.

Newquay Thu 05-Apr-18 08:39:42

"Neil is reading the news"? Eh? What have I missed?

Lazigirl Thu 05-Apr-18 09:29:06

It does seem on the cards for Olwen to move in with Pat & perhaps they will become a couple and kick Tony out ?

GracesGranMK2 Thu 05-Apr-18 11:27:01

She could take over the café and Fallon could do more of her upcycling.

phoenix Thu 05-Apr-18 19:20:51

Well! The bloody cheek of the man! shock Accusing Jennifer darling of "betraying" him!

How many times has he betrayed her with other women! (No, don't bother to count, but it's quite a few)

If I were her I would be very angry and probably give him a damn good slap and put a lock on the fridge, the wine cellar and the drinks cabinet!

merlotgran Thu 05-Apr-18 19:23:31

I will join the queue to slap Brian after I've given Will a good shake.

Chewbacca Thu 05-Apr-18 19:27:51

I'll slap Brian whilst you slap Will merlotgran, I've been waiting years for the chance.

phoenix Thu 05-Apr-18 19:49:28

I think the slapping queue for various characters is getting quite long, perhaps we should devise some sort of league table, and then hold a ballot, followed by a raffle?

Then of course there is the issue of what we slap with, a hand, a wet cod, a semi solid cowpat?

Decisions, decisions................

Chewbacca Thu 05-Apr-18 20:01:18

I bags the semi solid cow pat phoenix. If there's any left over from Brian, can I use it on Jenny Dahling?

phoenix Thu 05-Apr-18 20:28:37

Ok, leaving slapping aside for the moment, what alternative punishments could be applied to other characters?

I suggest a baking tray of iced water over Jill, so that she has a reason for sounding startled every time she speaks.

Poking Henry with an electric cattle prod in the hope that it might stimulate him into speaking like a boy of his age.

Enforced relocation lessons for Ruth to stop her saying "mebbe".

Chewbacca Thu 05-Apr-18 20:30:46

Enforced detox for Lillian. No more G & T's.

phoenix Thu 05-Apr-18 20:46:14

"Relocation" ? Elocution !!!!

Elrel Fri 06-Apr-18 14:20:26

Well done Ed! His quick thinking 'I can't remember a thing' actually convinced Will his confession fell on deaf or at least drunken ears.
Even though poor Poppy was throwing up at the time I wonder how much she realised and remembers about the hit and run.

merlotgran Mon 09-Apr-18 22:22:03

My question some time ago about how Eddie and Clarrie will be able to afford the rent for Grange Farm if Ed and Emma get their own home has been answered.

Will moves in. His salary will increase if he's no longer living in a tied cottage. Ed and Emma will find they can't afford the deposit on one of the new houses so will move into Greenwood Cottage - or whatever it's called.

Sorted!

phoenix Mon 09-Apr-18 22:40:19

Ah, but merlot I think Will's place is a tied cottage, goes with the keepers job? (But could be wrong on that one....{confused]

merlotgran Mon 09-Apr-18 22:44:26

It's a tied cottage but Ed now qualifies as he's a tractor driver for Home Farm

Not sure how far away Grange Farm is though.