Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(844 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

Elrel Sat 20-Jan-18 15:22:42

I thought Stefan told someone (Adam?) that he wanted to tell him something important but then disappeared. Rob must have been still around as he later insisted that Stefan had gone home (because his mother was ill) but there was no way anyone (except Rob himself?) could contact him. It was about the time that Charlie was sent north too I think.

PS Nfk - My memory is far from perfect. Where are the old episodes available?

Iam64 Sat 20-Jan-18 18:13:52

Elrel, your memory is my memory, both in your recollection that Stefan told ? Adam he had something important to tell him, only to disappear. My memory is also increasing far from perfect.

merlotgran Sat 20-Jan-18 18:21:05

That was when Rob was still working for Berrow Farm and Charlie was the manager. Rob needed to get rid of Stefan because he'd seen him blocking the culvert. Can't remember whether he had something to blackmail him over or just paid him off but Stefan left suddenly and Rob told everyone he'd gone back to Poland to deal with a family illness.

Elrel Sun 21-Jan-18 00:14:00

Merlot - that sounds about right but Rob insisted that only he could contact him and there seemed doubt whether Stefan really went home. At the time we didn't know how ruthless and deranged Rob was.

starbird Sun 21-Jan-18 10:32:15

I thought Stefan came back briefly after that and told Justin everything before going home again.
Do we know when this landfill was dumped and where it came from?

merlotgran Sun 21-Jan-18 11:43:03

Stefan came back to blackmail Rob. Lilian overheard him upping the blackmail demand and told Justin (we didn't know that at the time) Justin called Rob to a meeting and dragged out the suspense only telling Rob, who was quickly becoming a gibbering wreck, that he knew all about Stefan and the culvert. He then sacked Rob and paid off Stefan.

It's all in Lowfield if you trawl back through the archives.

Elrel Sun 21-Jan-18 14:06:09

Merlot - thanks, I must have missed a few! Off to look for Lowfield!

MawBroon Fri 26-Jan-18 09:47:10

Was Jennifer stoned or merely “tired and emotional” in last night’s episode?
Listen again at lunchtime (if I can cope with the high drama).

Nana3 Sat 27-Jan-18 17:23:49

After the programme on Friday the announcer said Brian wouldn't be the first to go to prison. I'm assuming she meant Helen, or was there something way back.

Lazigirl Sat 27-Jan-18 17:25:34

Susan for hiding her brother from the law!

suzied Wed 07-Feb-18 07:46:52

What is going on in the Archers? Will Roy get Lexi pregnant before the surrogacy ? Or is this just too predictable? Who is the new man who is obviously going to get together with Kirsty?

maryeliza54 Wed 07-Feb-18 07:50:05

Uncle Tom - well on remand - i remember back in the day when he used to introduce the omnibus edition and for several weeks he had to do it from prison. And did Nelson ever end up inside? He was certainly dodgy

travelsafar Tue 13-Feb-18 09:19:58

The drums of chemicals on Brian's land, do you think it was an act of revenge by Rob before he left.

Remember, the land was owned by Justion prior to Brian purchasing it and Justin gave Rob the heave ho. Just a thought.

Lazigirl Tue 13-Feb-18 18:27:34

I'd forgotten that Justin owned the land previously and it is nearer the dairy so I wonder why Brian is taking the rap? There is another new editor so it could all change as they all want to stamp their mark. Watch this space.

merlotgran Tue 13-Feb-18 20:08:18

Rob can't have had anything to do with it because the contamination was traced to an old pond on Home Farm land which was filled in decades ago using stuff dumped by some builders.

Jennifer mistakenly thought it was on land sold to them by Justin but had to eat humble pie when it turned out she was mistaken.

suzied Wed 14-Feb-18 05:58:42

Who is this new character Philip? I think I must have missed something. Everyone seems to know him.

chelseababy Wed 14-Feb-18 07:44:48

Isn't Philip the builder who was doing some work at the stables?

Lazigirl Wed 14-Feb-18 09:36:26

Good thing you're on the ball Merlot.

chelseababy Thu 15-Feb-18 13:08:03

Whoever he is, tonight "Philip makes a move" - wonder if it's on Kirsty?

merlotgran Fri 16-Feb-18 19:19:32

Well said, Ruth!

About time.

Luckygirl Fri 16-Feb-18 21:16:45

Aah - poor Pip!

What a worm Justin is.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 20-Feb-18 14:16:24

I can't help it. I am so pleased Neil has been offered the job!

Luckygirl Tue 20-Feb-18 14:18:47

£55k!! - Susan will be like a dog with 2 dicks!! grin

shysal Tue 20-Feb-18 15:18:02

grin. Haven't heard that expression before, luckygirl!

GracesGranMK2 Tue 20-Feb-18 15:22:26

Me neither and as Susan, although on cloud nine, will still be in control I am sure Neil will be more like a very well trained dog with two "tails".