Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Silent Witness

(35 Posts)
Auntieflo Wed 10-Jan-18 22:06:08

Did anyone watch the second episode of Silent Witness? I did, and found the ending wierd. Anyone explain please, or did I just nod off?

Longshanks Tue 26-Feb-19 23:34:29

Does anyone know where I can get that ‘woman diver’ wall mural
?

Longshanks Sat 09-Feb-19 17:51:04

Where can I purchase that bathroom wall mural?

TwiceAsNice Sun 21-Jan-18 12:27:04

I do really like it, have always watched it. However I do tend to record both episodes and then watch them back to back so it's all fresh in the mind.

seacliff Sun 21-Jan-18 12:18:39

I gave up two thirds through the first episode, I just got a bit bored - it didn't grip me. Maybe I'll have another try. I used to really enjoy it.

Shirleyw Sun 21-Jan-18 11:50:02

I just assumed she tried to kill lawyer as he got her husband to have sole custody. I liked this story line, couldn't get into the first one .

Atqui Fri 19-Jan-18 11:20:38

I've even googled to see if I could find the answers. I must get out more!!

Atqui Fri 19-Jan-18 11:19:49

No it doesn't really matter Jane , but I'm glad at least one other person missed something!

Jane10 Thu 18-Jan-18 20:21:05

Oh no! I thought I had it all worked out but now realise that I haven't. Oh well. I suppose it doesn't really matter. Irritating though. confused

Atqui Thu 18-Jan-18 18:46:22

Well, I thought this weeks Silent Witness was going to be more straightforward, but thinking about it afterwards, I was still confused. I don't understand what the blackmail issue was with the barrister. I can see why she killed him , but what information did she have over him ( apart from his coke habit). Also why did the hospital CEO s p.a. kill him?

Winniewit Sun 14-Jan-18 17:40:48

Would the forensic team..in reality start chasing suspects and go prowling around on their own? I mean do they really have the time to do this,? It's all so far fetched

Mapleleaf Sun 14-Jan-18 15:00:22

I’m afraid the last series put me right off this programme so didn’t bother with this new series. It has become so ridiculously far fetched with forensic people chasing suspects, interviewing them with the police, etc. Nonsensical rubbish. A shame, it used to be quite good.

Madgran77 Fri 12-Jan-18 18:23:15

I was also confused by the ending ......thanks for explaining.

Jane10 Thu 11-Jan-18 21:52:49

Phew all round then! I thought I must be losing it. It was hard work trying to keep up with /work out what was going on. I record both programmes as I don't like having to try to remember what happened in the previous episode. I suppose it's good for my cognitive flexibility to try to make sense of dramas on TV these days. At least I could hear what they were saying!

grannyqueenie Thu 11-Jan-18 21:18:26

Yes I agree, it wasn’t easy to keep pace and make any sense of it all. But still find it compelling viewing in its own way.
travelsafar Silent Witness ...”done to death now” just love it!! grin

nigglynellie Thu 11-Jan-18 19:53:12

I couldn't seem to follow it at all!! But I did sleep through quite a bit if it!! However welshwifes explanation has cleared it up for me, thank you smile

tanith Thu 11-Jan-18 14:10:49

Franbern you're right it was a women diving but I only glimpsed at it as I thought the programme was over and out of the corner of my eye I thought it was a body hanging.

Franbern Thu 11-Jan-18 14:06:35

I thought that the mural on the wall was of a woman diver. Think part of the confusion is that they were running two quite separate stories simultaneously. The 'cold case' from 2001, although that was brought into being by the death of one of the three original killers, and then the case about the new man and the death of Nikki's friend. These cases were not associated in any way. I tend to record both episodes and then watch them together when I get the opportunity.

ninathenana Thu 11-Jan-18 12:01:27

H and I love SW but we both confessed to being very confused by the first episode and not much wiser at the end of the second ! We will watch next week though.

Alima Thu 11-Jan-18 11:44:41

Thank you for the explanation Welshwife, I didn’t have a clue about the ending as I had nodded off for a while. Hope next weeks isn’t as weird!

tanith Thu 11-Jan-18 11:23:48

Thanks for reminding me I guess that also explains her fragility. I just watched the last few minutes again and the 'hanging woman' was a mural on her bathroom wall ???

Auntieflo Thu 11-Jan-18 10:02:36

Glad it wasn't just me then. DH says it's a theme with TV dramas, all ending unsatisfactorily.

merlotgran Thu 11-Jan-18 09:55:31

Thank you, Welshwife. Will you be on hand to explain next week's as well? grin

#clearasmud#

Luckygirl Thu 11-Jan-18 09:45:29

I watched the first of these episodes and though it was a bit far-fetched. Having read this thread I will resist the temptation to watch part 2!

Welshwife Thu 11-Jan-18 09:38:54

All her nightmare bits are from the last episodes when they went to Mexico and she was buried. Can’t remember the ins and outs of that story though!

morethan2 Thu 11-Jan-18 09:22:38

Oh good I’m glad others say it’s getting convoluted (haven’t heard that word for years, my mum used it all the timesmile) I thought it was just me and my brain was slowing down. Do any of you think that lots of television plots are similarly convoluted, or maybe it is me. I’m often confused by these new dramas confused