Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

A vicar's life on BBC2

(6 Posts)
Luckygirl Sat 17-Feb-18 16:05:24

Home territory for me, so glued to the screen people-spotting! It was a gentle series and focused on service to the community, which was heartening to see.

cavewoman Sat 17-Feb-18 15:40:37

Absolutely love this series.It makes me feel warm inside!
Reverend Ruth Hulse is an absolute joy ,as is Reverend Matthew.

Mapleleaf Sat 17-Feb-18 15:29:53

Yes, it's been interesting, hasn't it? I also watched many of the Island Parish ones too.

travelsafar Sat 17-Feb-18 15:26:22

Auntieflo i did the very first series which featured Boscastleand the lady vicarbut i must admitt the next series i didnt watch everyone. Still very enjoyable.Recently on Iplayer i rewatched Monty Hall's great escape where he lives on the west coast of Scotland for 6months as a ranger, so envious of the beautiful surroundings there too. How do these people know that is the kind of job to go for i would never have dreamed of doing anything like that as a career, worked in a facotry on a convayer belt for my first job!!

Auntieflo Sat 17-Feb-18 14:34:28

I am also enjoying this series. It's much in the same vein as "An Island Parish". Did you watch that?

travelsafar Sat 17-Feb-18 14:25:39

Anyone else been watching this delightful series. I love it, how I wish I had been a vicar, their job is so interesting and worthwhile. Plus the one's in the series live in beautiful locations.