Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

100 years younger

(12 Posts)
wildswan16 Wed 28-Feb-18 16:33:56

I have just watched this and am astonished at the behaviour of some of those taking part. They have been taken to a wonderful facility (presumably all paid for), and yet within a day or two most of them are complaining, refusing to comply and behaving like two years olds!

What would most of us give for such an opportunity?

(June Brown was the exception - what a fantastic example to us all).

ginny Wed 28-Feb-18 16:53:10

My thoughts exactly

Caledonai14 Wed 28-Feb-18 17:04:14

If these were members of the public, it might be understandable, but all of these stars have agents who must at least have gone into what they would be required to do. The majority of them are just getting on with it and it's quite interesting to see some of the more unusual treatments. I do feel a bit sorry that they aren't allowed a small glass of wine at night.

NanKate Fri 02-Mar-18 07:09:52

Interesting programme. I wish I had the chance to have a go. I was impressed with June Brown’s flexibility when doing her Yoga exercises.

BlueBelle Fri 02-Mar-18 07:34:32

Blimey why feel sorry for celebrities not getting a glass of wine I presume you meant that as a joke but no smiley so not sure

FlorenceN Fri 02-Mar-18 09:01:39

They are members of the public.

glammanana Fri 02-Mar-18 09:13:41

Well done June Brown how flexible is she ?
The others I would class as "D" list celebrities and not worth screen time.

farview Fri 02-Mar-18 09:59:33

June Brown is a 'one off' Brilliant ?

Oopsadaisy12 Fri 02-Mar-18 14:05:13

Who are these people? Apart from June Brown and Russell Grant, I have no idea who they are and more to the point I have no wish too, foul mouthed chap and others who seem to be there to ..... what? Grab another 5 minutes of so called fame? I watched it for 5minutes, shuddered and then turned it off.

Caledonai14 Fri 02-Mar-18 16:47:41

Re the small glass of wine.
The programme said the local people had twice as much chance of living to be 100 as those in other parts of Europe, and that much was made of the Mediterranean-style diet, which is indeed full of fresh fruit and veg and fish and olive oil. However, added to that is usually a little wine in moderation. Some of the procedures looked pretty taxing and I thought maybe it would be a nice reward at the end of the day (for those who chose it). They haven't taken anyone's cigarettes away, though they are trying to make the point, especially to June Brown who - in so many ways - is remarkable and to be admired. The producers may have chosen the wrong example of what smoking does!
They might even get more out of the more reluctant celebs if they offered a wee incentive as the sun goes down. And this time I will remember to put the smiley in smile.

DanniRae Fri 02-Mar-18 17:13:30

I enjoyed this programme - doesn't Sardinia look beautiful? I also can't believe how badly some of the celebs are behaving. However, why is there wine available if they are not supposed to have it? (Or did I miss something?)

Tegan2 Fri 02-Mar-18 20:02:24

It's all down to editing really. By the way, I thought colonic irrigation was last years fad?