Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Keeping Faith

(244 Posts)
NanKate Sat 03-Mar-18 21:04:55

Just found this mystery series 8 episodes on the BBC IPlayer. All set in Wales and from BBC Wales. Seen the first two episodes which I thoroughly enjoyed. Just wish the whole series was ready to watch.

Nandalot Fri 31-Aug-18 16:07:36

I got a thank you for reporting it at 10.49! How many of us have to report it before they remove it?

Lazigirl Fri 31-Aug-18 16:06:38

I think that's how I understood it NanKate but the corrupt police were thrown into the mix too. Will definitely watch next series.

Teetime Fri 31-Aug-18 15:09:23

Oh I'm glad that's over - all that hair tossing and overacting.

BlueBelle Fri 31-Aug-18 15:05:07

They ve gibe to the trouble of thanking me for reporting it can’t they remove it at the same time ???

Jane10 Fri 31-Aug-18 15:03:24

Just watched the last episode. confused

Glitterknitbaby Fri 31-Aug-18 14:43:18

I too reported this post at around 9:40 this morning and it still hasn’t been removed, not quite the sort of thing we want on Gransnet!

Lazigirl Fri 31-Aug-18 13:52:57

They haven't removed the post yet hmm. Exactly MawBroon hmm

PernillaVanilla Fri 31-Aug-18 13:20:16

And another thing - far too much driving on the beach and through the sea. They will run their cars and surely that would be very conspicuous?

PernillaVanilla Fri 31-Aug-18 13:19:22

I just wished they had taken the trouble to stick to proper police procedures. it was quite alarming that Faith's brother in law could multi task as a fatal accident investigator, be involved in the police investigation of her and be present when his superior officer, Williams, was being interviewed - and give evidence about the earring during the interview.

MawBroon Fri 31-Aug-18 13:12:27

Even without opening the link I do wonder at the thinking (if there is any) behind posting this on Gransnet! grin angry

Greyduster Fri 31-Aug-18 13:08:03

I reported this post just after ten o’clock. I expected it to have been taken down by now.

BlueBelle Fri 31-Aug-18 12:59:01

Oh forgot to say I ve reported Joredan I wouldn’t open the link if I was you

BlueBelle Fri 31-Aug-18 12:51:13

I liked Faith although I thought some of the r9e she was given was a bit it fir a lawyer bu5 think she played the part well and very naturally
Lazigir I need help too was it a illusion in her head or did Evan really turn up or is it leaving it open for a continuation ( last night did finish it didn’t it)

henetha Fri 31-Aug-18 12:39:51

I loved it too and thought the actresss playing Faith was great. But I must admit to losing the plot a bit. I got confused about who was doing what.... but still enjoyed it.

NanKate Fri 31-Aug-18 09:52:15

Loved it, loved it, loved it !!!

I think Evan got in with a bad crowd as he needed money and he drew up dodgy contracts. Then I think he told the police what was happening and they took him in as a spy for them. I could be wrong but that is my reckoning.

I thought Faith was fabulous especially when acting with her children showing so much love. I think she is a cracking actress. Her father in law was excellent too. All in all it ticked all the boxes for me.

Joedan Fri 31-Aug-18 09:50:16

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Lazigirl Fri 31-Aug-18 09:43:39

I am usually very critical of dramas if they are too unbelievable but really enjoyed this because Faith is so unconventional and I liked her freneticism and how she acted with the kids. They were great too. The scenery was amazing and so was her house! The thing I struggled with, and still am, is the plot. Can someone explain succinctly what Evan was up to please? I was confused at the end as to whether him appearing was a flashback. Did he get the kids out of bed?

Glitterknitbaby Fri 31-Aug-18 09:38:34

I’m just glad it’s all over,my OH said what a load of tripe, and I had to agree with him.
I have heard that there is a second series planned, five years hence will be soon enough for me.

sodapop Fri 31-Aug-18 09:11:07

For a drama which began well it didn't end well for me at least. I agree with greyduster.
It was muddled and confusing. If there is another series I will give it a miss.

Greyduster Fri 31-Aug-18 08:31:09

Glad it’s over - I only had half an eye on it last night and the ending was confusing, and lacked credibility. Faith herself was very annoying and obviously at the back of the queue when common sense and professionalism were dished out!

ninathenana Fri 31-Aug-18 07:24:32

Ooh SPOILER ALLERT overthehill
smile
I was very suprised at the final scene.
easybee glad it wasn't just me who found the whole money thing confusing. I still don't know if Evan is corrupt. confused

overthehill Thu 30-Aug-18 23:25:53

Just watched the last one. I am left confused, found it difficult trying to keep up with what was going on with the money, villains, corrupt police officers etc.
When Evan showed up at the end, was this for real or a flash back???
Is it geared up for another series?

Greyduster Tue 28-Aug-18 14:51:18

Blimey, eezybee, that’s getting a bit convoluted and no mistake!

Anniebach Mon 27-Aug-18 13:16:24

I am worried about me, I see nothing unusual in her behaviour blush

eazybee Mon 27-Aug-18 12:02:54

Watched last week's episode under the impression that it WAS the last one, so very irritated until a voice told me to make sure I watch next week's thrilling episode to find out what happens. Totally confused. Who was the sinister person who appeared by the side of the Police Inspector as she watched the Dentist's car burst into flames?
As a solicitor is Faith worth £220 an hour?
Just had a thought.
Was it her father in law who said: 'we don't really know who Faith is or where she comes from?'
Is it possible that Evan, having learned his father isn't his father, somehow knows his real father is Faith's father also?
Just saying.