Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

DIY SOS (again)

(13 Posts)
sodapop Thu 29-Mar-18 16:05:06

We love DIY SOS as well. We have noticed how the children with disabled siblings or parents are lovely, kind and caring people, adversity seems to bring out the best in families.
A lot of the helpers have their own back stories as well and now want to help others.

MissAdventure Thu 29-Mar-18 14:01:02

People have such tales of selflessness, don't they?
They just quietly get on with it, and its so moving when you see how their lives are transformed.

shysal Thu 29-Mar-18 09:05:58

I love the programme and always have a good weep. I love the regulars, especially Billy the electrician whose daughter died some years ago. They can't really be the bunglers they sometimes appear to be! smile

Blinko Thu 29-Mar-18 09:00:16

I like the programme and watch it most times. Last night's didn't disappoint. What they do with the homes they makeover is just brilliant. And they're always such good causes.

As a bonus, in last evening's programme, for once the Brummies didn't come across as numpties.

Charleygirl Thu 29-Mar-18 08:58:06

I watch it frequently on channel 17 and thoroughly enjoy it. I agree, updates would be helpful.

cornergran Thu 29-Mar-18 07:57:08

Good luck wishes to your family from me as well menopaws. Please let us know what happens. The changes to homes occur with such love and care. Yes, we believe last nights episode was a repeat so not watched here maw, but totally understand your reaction.

durhamjen Thu 29-Mar-18 07:47:24

Oh, yes, Menopaws, fingers and toes crossed.
You'll have to keep us posted.

Menopaws Thu 29-Mar-18 05:04:41

My sons family are being assessed for an sos programme, should know in June! Fingers crossed

Anniebach Thu 29-Mar-18 03:18:07

Have never watched the programme Maw

durhamjen Wed 28-Mar-18 23:13:49

Not just you, Maw. I had tears streaming down my face, too.
All those people helping just one family. So uplifting.

hildajenniJ Wed 28-Mar-18 23:06:23

Just looked in maw. I've been watching Am I Autistic on Channel 4 as my grandchildren have autism diagnoses all except for my DGD and my DD who both want assessments, as they both think they may have Asperger's.
The family on DIY SOS really needed the changes to their house. It will make their lives so much easier. DH said it was a repeat but I hadn't seen it.
Wouldn't it be good if the BBC could go back and visit some of the families for an update?

MawBroon Wed 28-Mar-18 22:46:31

Just me then hmm

MawBroon Wed 28-Mar-18 20:55:49

Another weepy tonight but oh how it makes this granny thank God for her grandchildren’s health!
As a programme it totally reaffirms my faith in human nature, in the kindness of strangers and the power of positive thinking.