Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Here we go..........

(9 Posts)
Teetime Sat 03-Nov-18 10:58:12

It is only about 8 weeks away and maybe only one payday depending on how you get paid.

MissAdventure Sat 03-Nov-18 10:35:12

It really gets on my wick, all this rushing from 'event' to 'event'.
Soon, everywhere will just be full up with Christmas, Easter, boxing day sales, summer holiday bargains stuff all year round.
No wonder people are under pressure these days.

merlotgran Sat 03-Nov-18 10:27:10

That Argos one is weird and not exactly child friendly.

Katek Sat 03-Nov-18 10:24:03

Spotted felt ‘Make your own Easter Bunny’ kits yesterday alongside ‘Paint your own Easter Egg.’ I kid you not!

JessK Sat 03-Nov-18 10:17:42

Definitely way to early for these adverts. Went to the west end yesterday and there are no decorations up yet but plenty of shoppers splashing the cash.

KatyK Sat 03-Nov-18 10:15:06

Two houses in our road have Christmas lights up confused

Grannyknot Sat 03-Nov-18 08:20:55

We've already had the first "Christmas Fayre" locally, advertised as "The Early, Early Christmas Fayre". I went along thinking about tea and cake buying a wreath for the gate (for December of course) - but couldn't get in the mood, so I left.

Maggiemaybe Sat 03-Nov-18 08:15:22

Oh no, it’s far too early! In recent years stores seemed to wait till a week or so after Remembrance Day (even that seemed very early), and I remember remarking last year that one, possibly Asda, had put theirs out before.

It’s barely November, for goodness’ sake!

travelsafar Sat 03-Nov-18 07:54:43

I counted at least four different ads last night for Christmas, Sainsbury's, Aldie, Asda and curry's.We haven't had bonfire night yet and Christmas is being rammed down our throats, no wonder so many people become cynical about the whole affair!!!!