Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Sunday evening TV

(6 Posts)
merlotgran Sun 04-Nov-18 14:03:52

Why oh why has Dr Who been allowed to disrupt the Sunday night schedule? It was always a Saturday evening programme so why change it?

For me, a winter Sunday evening is all about Countryfile being on about 7pm followed by watching Antiques Roadshow in my pyjamas then whichever drama is on at 9pm. Countryfile is now on at 5pm and as for AR at 6pm...No, No, No.

They're taking the cosiness out of Sundays.

Alima Sun 04-Nov-18 14:13:05

From what I have heard from the people who watch it, this Dr Who is pretty cosy anyway so it fits in. My cosy Sunday TV will start with the next series of Call the Midwife, obviously after having seen Countryfile. (Just not the awful Poldark!).

luluaugust Sun 04-Nov-18 17:50:05

I do agree, still hopefully just a blip.

Jane10 Sun 04-Nov-18 18:10:16

I still resent Countryfile! There should be Songs of Praise, a gentle comedy show, Antiques Road Show then a nice costume drama. Sunday evenings are all to pot these days. Netflix for me!

Washerwoman Sun 04-Nov-18 18:52:55

Well I'm currently watching the Antiques Road show and following on from War Horse this afternoon it's been a very emotional Sunday.I can't say I'm thrilled with the new Doctor Who slot andDH has watched it for years but would have preferred it to stay on a Saturday.We actually like Countryfile but we keep forgetting it's on so early.

Lyndylou Sun 04-Nov-18 19:28:38

Well it has been ideal timing for our family. DD and DGS (10) come round for Sunday tea each week and now we all cuddle up together on the sofa and watch Dr Who. DGS looks forward to it all week. It's great because he is now the age I was when it first started.