Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Public Eye & Gentle Touch on Talking Pictures

(6 Posts)
Tony2018 Mon 19-Nov-18 17:09:48

Is anyone else enjoying either Public Eye or Gentle Touch being shown on Talking Pictures tv channel at the moment?

EthelJ Fri 23-Nov-18 22:07:18

I am loving Public Eye. I vaguely remember watching it in the 70s as a teenager and remember thinking Frank Marker very was old, I'm enjoying it much more now and he no longer seems old!
I have also enjoyed re watching A Family at War on Talking Pictures.
You can find all sorts of interesting little gems on that channel.

Oakleaf Fri 23-Nov-18 22:38:11

Thank you for the heads up. I hadn't even noticed this channel existed on Sky (328). I seem to recall having a bit of a crush on Colin Campbell (David Ashton) in Family at War. The series also launched the career of the marvellous Barbara Flynn as his sister. Planner also set to record Public Eye and Gentle Touch.

EthelJ Sat 24-Nov-18 11:39:59

Me too Oakleaf and Phil and who was good looking but also nice, unlike David. The whole series was shown a few months ago , and I think they are repeating it again.
I watched it first time round in the 70s with my Mum who lived in Liverpool during the war. Watching it again I was struck by how naturalistic the acting was and not at all sensationalist like the soaps .
Watching Talking Pictures does seem to bring back lots of memories for me. Not everything shown on it is good.-some is terrible- but I always find it interesting.

Eloethan Sun 25-Nov-18 22:59:40

My husband has just discovered that Public Eye is being re-shown and he likes it a lot. I remember us watching it many years ago. I think the actor is really good but the plots are, in my view, extremely dull and I just can't watch it.

I do like some of the things on Talking Pictures - films and bits of programmes that show Britain as it was many years ago are very interesting.

Nandalot Mon 26-Nov-18 10:15:00

Thank you for tellling us about this channel. I look forward to revisiting some old favourites.