Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dickensian on netflix.

(5 Posts)
travelsafar Wed 28-Nov-18 17:10:02

I have been watching this series again on these dark and dreay winters afternoon, warm and cosy with the heating on, curled up on the sofa with lamps on low. It just seems to be the perfect thing for these kind of afternoons. I love the two old ladies, Mrs Biggertywitch and Mrs Gamp and their gin swilling antics with the one legged publican Mr Wegg and his 'swollen appendage.' Mr and Mrs Bumble make me laugh out loud with their aspirations to 'be raised up' along with 'Little Bumble' There are tales of greed, sadness, tradgey and goodwill running through this series and i loved every minute of it, so if you want something a bit different to watch give it a try.

travelsafar Sun 02-Dec-18 12:55:49

I take it i am the only one who has watched this, go on give it a whirl, its so suited to this time of year!!! smile

nigglynellie Sun 02-Dec-18 13:16:10

We've been watching it on Saturdays on Drama. Seen it before and loved it for all the reasons above. Well worth watching.

Teetime Sun 02-Dec-18 13:40:47

I saw it the first go round and will certainly give it another go - very clever and entertaining.

Jane43 Sun 02-Dec-18 16:21:29

I watched it and will watch it again when I’m searching for something to interest me, getting more frequent these days. The only thing was I kept trying to remember which Dickens story the characters were from.