Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Stan & Ollie

(12 Posts)
PECS Mon 21-Jan-19 21:34:20

Went to see this film about the pair's final tour in UK. Brilliantly acted by Steve Coogan and John C Reilly. It was a very warm and touching film.

Anniebach Mon 21-Jan-19 22:14:52

I want to see this film, loved Stan and Ollie

EllanVannin Mon 21-Jan-19 22:26:08

Steve Coogan is great. I used to like his geeky series as Alan Partridge. Also his part in the film Philomena with Judy Dench.

KatyK Mon 21-Jan-19 22:45:17

Saw it on Sunday. I'm not a fan of Steve Coogan but he was brilliant. Loved the film.

TerriBull Tue 22-Jan-19 07:13:17

Yes really want to see it hoping to do so this week. I also like Steve Coogan loved the travelogues he did with Rob Brydon to Italy and Spain where they both tried to out mimic each other.

henetha Tue 22-Jan-19 10:23:45

I loved this film. The two actors were marvellous as Stan and Ollie. As well as being funny, it is actually very moving and sad in a way.

Lilypops Wed 23-Jan-19 08:58:29

Saw it on Sunday not really knowing what to expect , it was about their later lives when not as popular, Steve Coogan is a brilliant actor as Laurel even looked like him , and John C Reilly was perfect as Ollie, it was sad but moving and well acted , the actresses who played their wives were excellent , I strongly recommend this film ,

mrswoo Wed 23-Jan-19 17:57:00

Saw it on Monday and loved it. It was wonderful to see a film that was brilliantly acted, funny and touching with no violence or swearing. Just 100% pure entertainment.

TerriBull Fri 25-Jan-19 09:06:39

Went to see Stan and Ollie last night, it didn't disappoint, as others have said superb acting, particularly on the part of Steve Coogan who captured Stan Laurel's mannerisms so well. John C Reilly also very good. It was a poignant film I'd definitely recommend it.

Washerwoman Sun 27-Jan-19 18:22:11

Just been to see this.DH wasn't too bothered about going but we both loved it.Very poignant and such excellent acting.We only watched the first two episodes of The Trip yesterday and so have had quite a weekend of Steve Coogan-having never watched Alan Partridge - but he's a very talented actor.

Annapops Sun 27-Jan-19 18:31:01

Loved this film which tugs at the emotions in so many different ways. Excellent casting. The actress who played Ida is a gem. Well worth seeing if you haven't already.

Shirleyw Sat 02-Feb-19 19:42:37

Yes, I watched it...I did enjoy it, ....found it sad in parts ...... When you think that Stan and laurel never got royalties and all the countries it was shown in and the mutiple repeats.....such a shame....