Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Doc Martin

(17 Posts)
lemongrove Mon 04-Feb-19 19:02:55

I have downloaded lots of episodes of Doc Martin to watch, as I didn’t watch them when they first came out.
Well, I think they are bloomin’ marvellous!
Martin Clunes excels as the Doc and in fact all the characters are well rounded with good dialogue and lovely. Cornish scenery.Set in Port Isaac which I know well, makes it seem as if I was back in Cornwall again.
I will be sad when I come to the end of all the episodes, they are like a little holiday. smile

Charleygirl5 Mon 04-Feb-19 19:07:34

I am pleased to hear that somebody likes watching the episodes- I hate them and have not watched any since it started. A good job we do not all like watching the same.

KatyK Mon 04-Feb-19 19:12:17

I love them, even the old ones for the same reasons as you lemongrove. We went on holiday to Port Isaac a few years ago and we saw them filming. Martin Clunes was lovely stopping to chat with people and posing for pics. We didn't bother him but I have some snaps we took of him filming smile

Alima Mon 04-Feb-19 19:27:13

I have never seen the programme but even so think it is wonderful. My brother has Altzeimers, he really enjoys Doc Martin, it helps make him feel safe.

cornergran Mon 04-Feb-19 19:30:11

We enjoyed the series lemongrove, have some on dvd, bought to watch in our caravan years back. Thanks for reminding me, I may well be re-visiting them. Gentle humour and fabulous scenery.

EllanVannin Mon 04-Feb-19 19:36:44

A brilliant series and just love the scenery having visited Cornwall on many trips.

I like light-hearted by way of a change from the noise and violence of most dramas now in the name of entertainment-----I don't think.

mumofmadboys Mon 04-Feb-19 20:31:14

I love Port Isaac!

Jane10 Mon 04-Feb-19 20:41:13

I love Doc Martin too! It always feels like a little holiday. You're lucky to have so much to catch up with lemongrove. Wonder when the next series will start?

showergelfresh Mon 04-Feb-19 21:00:59

Lucky you lemongrove.
Isn't Martin Clunes fab and the whole series. I love the honeymoon one where they're wandering through the woods her in her wedding dress!
Brilliant!
Its all about how imperfect life is always and Doc is so direct - love that.
Anyone know if there's going to be another series?

lemongrove Mon 04-Feb-19 21:10:28

I didn’t realise that they had made so many episodes, and am loving every one.
It not only explores village life, and as well as all the light and amusing things that happen, the sad aspects of life as well.
I want a dog just like Buddy.smile

KatyK Mon 04-Feb-19 22:50:01

When we were there, not only were they filming but mics were set up on the beach at night. We sat on an upturned boat waiting to see what was going on and The Fisherman's Friends appeared and started singing sea shanties. Bliss!

Jane10 Tue 05-Feb-19 14:08:01

I see they're going to make a new series this year. Sooner the better!

Anniebach Tue 05-Feb-19 14:13:30

Love it, and adore PC Penhale ?

PECS Tue 05-Feb-19 14:25:57

It is good easy & undemanding TV. Which is what I sometimes need after a busy or stressful day. Love the scenery too.
They filmed another series Martin Clunes was in , William & Mary, in our road. Used an empty shop to create his Funeral Parlour business!,

Jane10 Tue 05-Feb-19 14:35:31

Ah PC Penhale! Great character (although not a lucky man!)

jenpax Tue 05-Feb-19 14:40:23

I love it too! It always makes me hanker again for living in Cornwall although I have always lived in lovely areas. It’s lovely and easy to watch

GrannyGravy13 Tue 05-Feb-19 15:15:45

Another Doc Martin fan here, I enjoy most things that Martin Clunes does.