Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Pride and Prejudice

(9 Posts)
MawBroon Sun 17-Feb-19 18:02:11

What a treat to catch this (the BBC P&P) on Drama this afternoon!
Absolutely the best adaptation ever with gorgeous Colin Firth and that nice young man Crispin Bonham Carter (Mr Bingley) !

KatyK Sun 17-Feb-19 18:13:59

My DH is obsessed with this! He is always finding it on some channel or other.

Cheesey Sun 17-Feb-19 18:27:47

I walked into the room and this just happened to be on. I thought I would indulge myself for a few minutes and ended up watching the whole thing, for about the fourth time too. It's wonderful.

shysal Sun 17-Feb-19 18:33:56

Me too! It is the only drama I can watch again and again. I saw it only recently when I recorded it around Christmas. Today I intended to just have it on in the background while I did other things, but gave in and sat on the sofa for most of the afternoon.

EllanVannin Sun 17-Feb-19 18:34:56

I watched it and enjoyed it for the umpteenth time. I usually watch the Catherine Cookson films but it wasn't on today.

M0nica Sun 17-Feb-19 18:39:19

I cannot stand the Colin Firth version of P&P. Much prefer the previous version, with the script written by Fay Weldon.

Cold Sun 17-Feb-19 19:33:28

Crispin Bonham Carter is now an English Teacher in a Comprehensive school in London!
www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/crispin-bonham-carter-colin-firth-s-friend-in-pride-and-prejudice-is-now-a-teacher-and-he-couldnt-be-a6787096.html

Parsley3 Sun 17-Feb-19 19:40:14

I have watched this series many times now and never tire of it. I especially like the scene when Mr D tells Elizabeth that he loves and admires her. Admires....... I like the sound of that.

travelsafar Sun 17-Feb-19 21:18:32

I watched this recently too and just loved it.In fact i love all period dramas and wish there were more on TV.