Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

After Life

(8 Posts)
tanith Tue 19-Mar-19 09:33:30

I understand it’s not for everyone Teetime ?

Teetime Tue 19-Mar-19 09:27:59

We saw half of the first episode and decided Ricky Gervais is not for us - we like alternative humour but like The Office excruciating and the language is dreadful- I'm no prod but within the first ten minutes he had called a small child in a playground a fat c**t - nasty.

tanith Tue 19-Mar-19 08:43:10

He’s talking about another series apparently be interesting to see where he could take this.
I’m glad to see others also loved it.

notanan2 Tue 19-Mar-19 08:22:09

I loved it. Thought it was brilliant. Stayed up too late watching it back to back. It really punches you in the gut.

Gervais is just brilliant at "getting it". Emotional intelligence wise he is a gifted genius.

crystaltipps Tue 19-Mar-19 07:47:57

Yes - We started to watch the first episode on Saturday evening and watched all 6 episodes in one go. Ricky Gervais is so clever, and I wasn’t a particular fan, funny, sad and life affirming. Loved it.

Nico97 Mon 18-Mar-19 22:20:35

Yes I watched this Tanith - I found it very moving indeed, just as you say. Well worth a watch methinks.

Marelli Mon 18-Mar-19 22:20:04

I watched all the episodes back to back, tanith, and I thought it was really very good.

tanith Mon 18-Mar-19 22:11:34

Has anyone else seen this on Netflix? It’s 6 episodes of dark comedy and it’s hard to watch especially if you’ve had experience of the subject matter.
I watched and I laughed and cried in equal measure but after I’d binge watched the whole 6 episodes yesterday I felt uplifted. I don’t even like Ricky Gervais but in this he was splendid as was the wonderful Penelope Wilton.

I won’t recommend you watch because it is upsetting and difficult but I just wanted to know if anyone else had watched and felt as I do.