Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Homeland

(5 Posts)
Day6 Wed 08-May-19 19:28:33

WE have just started watching it after reading rave reviews. We have almost finished series one. (I do like having the whole boxed set and not having to wait a week to get the next episode. We have a lot to catch up with!)

Reviewers seem to agree that the series ran out of steam by series 4 and wasn't as good. I can't comment because I haven't got that far yet! We are enjoying it. It's a darn sight easier to follow than Line of Duty, which has just finished, but it's equally as exciting.

I think some of the sex scenes/stripping off to underwear scenes are a bit gratuitous though. My only reservation.

Jane43 Tue 07-May-19 21:49:44

Amazing series even after Damien Lewis was killed off. Clare Danes is wonderful as is Mandy Patinkin. I hope we get a new series soon,

LullyDully Sun 05-May-19 07:52:59

I only managed series one then thought it should have ended with blowing up the President which was the obvious end. However I then realised it was in for the long haul, so have up. We have obviously missed out.

NanKate Sun 05-May-19 07:30:02

I might go back to Homeland. For some reason I stopped watching after about series 4.

Shirleyw Sun 05-May-19 07:16:26

Have now watched all of 'homeland' on Netflix. Rather doom and gloom but and interesting watch....look forward to series 8 . Political dramas I don't usually go for but couldn't help this one....