Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Holby

(32 Posts)
ninathenana Tue 21-May-19 21:02:16

DD and I love this but are both fed up of the Dom, Anje, Carol theme. It's dominated the programme for weeks now. Even worse that they've brought Issac back.
Anyone else feel the same ?

BlueBelle Tue 22-Oct-19 23:05:18

Well I didn’t enjoy that episode with Rick on the table what a load of old guff wandering around heaven or hell !!!

Avor2 Wed 12-Jun-19 20:56:23

Did they actually find Lofty's brain in there?????? bless him. Didn't you just love Henriks dance moves?? Never a dull moment (sorry meant to say always a dull moment) no wonder the NHS is in the state it is smile

BlueBelle Tue 11-Jun-19 20:49:59

Yawn yawn yawn The Dom saga goes on and on and on

Nandalot Wed 05-Jun-19 01:56:38

Thank goodness, Isaac seems to have gone. I have had to fast forward through those scenes as I was getting so annoyed that Dom was being sucked back in. But why do we have to have another control story with Evan starting to isolate Chloe and sap all her confidence?

BlueBelle Tue 04-Jun-19 22:25:18

Oh I did hope so grumppa but alas he’s still here Perhaps he and lofty will disappear into the sunset and take the wimpy Sacha with them They are all so annoyingly annoying

Dear Henrick is a proper person with frailties but a backbone

grumppa Tue 04-Jun-19 22:10:05

"Well done Dom"? Did I miss him putting us all out of our misery by jumping off the hospital roof?

tanith Tue 04-Jun-19 21:28:30

I wanted to cheer............finally.

Thebeeb Tue 04-Jun-19 21:22:56

Agree.. completely. Move on.

ninathenana Tue 04-Jun-19 21:01:21

Hooray ! Well done Dom.

Avor2 Wed 22-May-19 20:16:18

Yes I agree with everybody. I love Henrik, want to give Sacha a cuddle and a kick up the a......e. all at the same time. Jac is the best awful person. Bring back Mo and Mr T and at a push could I have Elliot back. I don't ask much, and if they could reincarnate Arthur Digby and Raf my life would be complete. Roll on next week smile

Franbern Wed 22-May-19 09:42:48

Totally agree with most of the comments here. Find Dom's attitude to Carol extremely callous. She and her husband brought him up, loved him, cared for him and obviously did this well as he qualified as a medical doctor.
So, they should have told him he was adopted, but not the most serious parental crime in the book. How dare he behave to her as he has been. Think it is quite disgusting.
Also, his treatment of Lofty is totally OTT.
Dom is one of the fortunate elite of current society, has been cherished, cared for, educated - has an excellent career and a good life. About time he started to realise how very fortunate he is.
Does anyone know who the salesman with Jac was supposed to be? Appears as if he knew her from a past story, but I cannot bring it to mind.
Do like Henrik, and remember, nostalgically, the days of Anton Meyer 'Walk with me'!!!
Provided they keep Jac, Henrik and Sasha in the programme I will continue to watch it (and shout at it a lot of the time).

sodapop Wed 22-May-19 09:11:41

Holby has revolved around the Dom story lines for too long now. One man has suffered a series of emotional upheavals, finding out about his adoption, unfaithful husband, return of abusive ex partner. It's all too much. I think the story about Isaac's father was a step too far.
I still watch it though and Casualty too, I'm obviously not selective.

notnecessarilywiser Wed 22-May-19 08:50:49

Like you, BlueBelle, I don't buy the 'sweet little Dom' thing. His early days at Holby included falsely accusing Antoine Malik of negligence (?) and blackmailing Arthur Digby. He told lies left, right and centre. I know it was a good few years ago now, and he's done some good and noble things since, but underneath is a rather nasty piece of work. And no, I don't put his issues down to the circumstances of his adoption!

BlueBelle Wed 22-May-19 07:47:16

‘Sweet little Dom’ oh Gonegirl he’s the most irritating character ever I want to give him a good shaking those doe eyes and little pursed up mouth and his sulky little boy act I want him to swan off into the sunset with love stricken Lofty or beardy Isaac I really don’t care as long as he goes as soon as
Last nights show, yes I still watch with hope, was dire what the heck was that story line with Jac and the salesman about?
and all the in out, in out, shake it all about with Isaacs Dad was ridiculous
Carols face (I know she can’t help it) is so strange that I find it difficult to follow without looking at her weird makeup and hair
It really has lost its way
Go away Dom and bring some real storylines in

Resurgam123 Wed 22-May-19 07:09:37

Its easy she says. ???

Yes it is a very soapy soap. Suds are every where.
They should sack half that cast. The abuse that is going on ,hospital staff should be sacked.
Which one is Carol and which one is Angie. NO I am past caring .
I would hope hospital staff would have been sacked for behaviour like that.
Its a soap for heavens sake.

Just send the whole B lot to Albert Square. (that is in Albert Square) I dont watch Eastenders.
Off to plant my lovely new plants. Not in my dressing gown I must say. Off to get dressed.
Much more fun.
confused wink

Jane10 Wed 22-May-19 07:01:24

I've always watched it but it is getting a bit boring and irritating. It needs a change of writers.
It's a bit like Eastenders in that they take a story and just go on and on and on long after anyone particularly cares about it!

farview Wed 22-May-19 06:13:59

For the first time ever I turned it off last night..just wasn't enjoying the storyline...

Eloethan Tue 21-May-19 23:54:24

I enjoy Holby City but it's basically a soap that might give us a little bit of insight into medicine and hospital procedures. Some of the recent storylines have been quite gripping but could hardly be described as realistic - it seems that the patients hardly get a look in now.

paddyann Tue 21-May-19 23:35:15

its on at 10am every weekday morning I think its channel 119 on Sky .Some I remember and some I dont remember seeing at all .Good characters though.

MrsAllboys Tue 21-May-19 23:28:27

Oh, I remember Anton Meyer. Those first few series were very good, less “soapy”. Meyer was a fascinating and watchable character. I liked the early series. Don’t watch it these days.

paddyann Tue 21-May-19 23:21:19

I like Holby I like the Dom, Angie, Carol story .I think its quite realistic that he would be angry that he wasn't told he was adopted even when Carol was dangerously ill.I think everyone knows adopted children should be made aware early in life as its easier to accept.I like Dawn Steele I've never seen her in any series I didn't enjoy .I do think its very unrealistic BUT its just a TV show so thats allowed .My favourite is Henrik Hanssen ,I've been watching some of the classic Holby with Anton Meyer and he was fab in his role too

Gonegirl Tue 21-May-19 22:39:42

It's easy. Dom was brought up by Carol thinking she was his mum. But really the doctor in the Young Adult unit is his biological mum, and he found out about it. But that doctor has a daughter who was the product of rape. So she (the daughter) is upset because Dom was the product of a love affair but the doc mum gave him up for adoption. Dom loved Isaac But Isaac beat Dom up and went to jail. Dom married curly haired, lovely eyed, Lofty.

Resurgam123 Tue 21-May-19 22:28:52

About time they did away with Holby City HospitaI I have not seen such a pile of rubbish in my life.

This must be the most stupid story line I have seen
Relatives wandering around, and relatives children wandering about.

This fictional hospital and its staff should should be closed . I can take only just so much of this fiction. But Holby just goes too far .

IMO Casualty is certainly rather more realistic in plots etc.
Yes I do watch both.
Somewhere along this thread I have lost this plot. To the benefit of common sense.

I am still wondering what is happening in this dreadfully dysfunctional family. If anyone can know what is happening please can someone let me know.

Gonegirl Tue 21-May-19 22:19:46

I'm glad Dom has started calling Carol mum again.

Gonegirl Tue 21-May-19 22:19:02

And how can they sort their emotional lives out whilst doing really difficult and complicated operations?! shock