Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Chef's Brigade BBC2 Tuesday at 9.00

(13 Posts)
jura2 Sun 28-Jul-19 19:07:15

For all of you who remember Carol- do watch the Chef's Brigade on Tuesday evening. Her grandson Simon is one of the Chefs- who left a life in te City to follow his dream- and in a few years, made it to Head Chef in a London restaurant. Carol would have been very proud.

MawBroonsback Sun 28-Jul-19 19:14:38

Are you breaching anonymity here Jura ?

jura2 Mon 29-Jul-19 17:58:41

Certainly not my aim- GNHQ will delete if they think I am.

They do not share names- and I really cannot possibly fathom how it could be in any way misused. I think Carol would have been very proud- and he has asked me to share as widely as possible. Sad.

jura2 Mon 29-Jul-19 18:01:21

Have reported to GN for advice- will trust their decision.

merlotgran Mon 29-Jul-19 18:02:55

Thank you, jura. It's always nice to have an interest in a participant, however tenuous.

Yes. She would have been very proud indeed.

shysal Mon 29-Jul-19 19:15:29

I was unsure whether to watch it, but I will now. Thanks for letting us know.

jura2 Tue 30-Jul-19 11:04:16

He has just sent me a message to say he is not in tonight's episode. Sad to hear someone reported me for posting- and glad to hear from GNHQ that it is fine.

grannylyn65 Tue 30-Jul-19 11:06:53

There’s always one!

Juliette Tue 30-Jul-19 12:53:41

Was Carol the gran who went missing in your area Jura 2?
I can’t remember her username.
If this is so then it’s nice to keep her memory alive,

She would indeed be proud of her grandson as her whole family were proud of her.

merlotgran Tue 30-Jul-19 13:18:19

I saw an interview with Jason Atherton on BBC Breakfast this morning and he said all the participants 'can cook a bit.'

Is Simon already a head chef in a London restaurant or did that happen after the series was filmed?

jura2 Tue 30-Jul-19 15:25:16

Yes Juliette.

merlot, it all happened very fast after the show ... he left his job in the City only a couple of years back- so he has done extremely well.

merlotgran Tue 30-Jul-19 23:38:12

Well, Jason Atherton, with your towering ego, sitting on a newly cleaned stainless table at the end of the episode to deliver your verdict. There's a well known saying in the world of catering.

'Tables are for rissoles, not ar**holes.'

merlotgran Tue 20-Aug-19 21:31:23

This programme is just all talk.