Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Aussie Masterchef

(4 Posts)
jusnoneed Tue 06-Aug-19 19:24:58

Just a heads up that the new series (11) has started showing on Sky. I only realised last night when auto link recording began.

shysal Tue 06-Aug-19 20:32:17

I love the programme but don't have Sky. I have to wait for the 2 year old series on the Home freeview channel sad .

paddyann Tue 06-Aug-19 20:54:18

Thanks its the best Masterchef of them all I hate to miss an episode

Faye Tue 06-Aug-19 21:37:37

If you mean Australian Masterchef series justoneed, and If you didn’t know there has been a huge scandal regarding George Calombaris underpaying 500 staff.. Obviously he wouldn’t be sorting out the wages of his staff at his restaurants but in recent times waiting staff have had their penalty rates cut for weekends and public holidays. I bet the staff’s penalty rates were cut immediately this was passed through parliament. I am sick of greedy people earning themselves large wages while expecting their workers to live on a pittance and not even paying them the correct rates. Then they claim ignorance, there must have been complaints from some of the five hundred under paid staff along the way.

It’s a popular show in Australia, though not as popular as in the early days, the judges must have thought so to ask for such huge pay increases.