Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

La La Land on BBC iPlayer

(9 Posts)
annodomini Mon 07-Oct-19 19:38:28

I watched it between naps on a very long-haul flight and never really found out what it was all about; and really didn't care very much!

SirChenjin Mon 07-Oct-19 19:17:24

That’s what upsets me Jane43 - it is akin to real life and I didn’t want real life, I wanted happy ever after!

Jane43 Mon 07-Oct-19 18:49:26

I guess I’m in the minority then, I thought it was a wonderful film and the ending, although not the predictable happy ending in the fantasy sequence, was more akin to real life. The look Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling gave each other at the end said more than a thousand words could have done. I loved it.

TerriBull Mon 07-Oct-19 18:23:46

When I saw the trailer before it before it was launched a couple of years ago, thought it looked wonderful, plus it was a multi Oscar winner hmm Got to be one of the most over hyped films ever, destined to disappoint. It's amazing how a 5 minute trailer, encapsulating all the best bits, can mislead to the extent that one did sad

Sara65 Mon 07-Oct-19 18:08:56

Only watched about ten minutes, and turned off .

Chestnut Mon 07-Oct-19 18:05:41

I was bored rigid and the dancing was unimpressive and nowhere near the standard of old musicals. Hollywood has lost its mojo.

SirChenjin Mon 07-Oct-19 17:06:13

I love this film but hate the ending as it’s not the way it should have ended!

HildaW Mon 07-Oct-19 16:58:44

Perhaps I'm an oddity but my DD and I settled down to watch this months ago......I found it distinctly underwhelming.

Jane43 Mon 07-Oct-19 16:53:52

In case anybody missed this at the cinema it is now on the BBC iPlayer.