Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

A Highland Midwife

(16 Posts)
Marilla Sun 13-Oct-19 12:38:53

Has anyone else watched this programme on Channel 5?
It is absolutely delightful. Beautiful scenery, dedicated midwives and lovely families. Love it so much.

ninathenana Sun 13-Oct-19 12:51:52

I've watched some of it, as you say it's lovely easy watch.
I don't envy them the circumstances, must be very scary at times.

SueDonim Sun 13-Oct-19 13:20:16

We watched it when it was on before. It's lovely. smile

Marilla Sun 13-Oct-19 13:30:41

I also feel that we are constantly bombarded with miserable news and celebrity nonsense but here we have a programme which is so gentle and reminds me what life is really all about.
Human kindness.

SirChenjin Sun 13-Oct-19 13:31:39

It’s great, isn’t it! Not sure I’d like to live so far away from a hospital - I live in Edinburgh and having babies here is a much simpler affair. The scenery is beautiful though.

Marilla Sun 13-Oct-19 13:38:06

Off topic here, but I love Edinburgh and Glasgow in the autumn and winter. Lucky you SirChenjin living in Edinburgh. I get very homesick for Scotland!

LadyGracie Sun 13-Oct-19 15:24:23

I enjoy the programme, the scenery is spectacular.

Septimia Sun 13-Oct-19 15:28:49

I love watching the scenery and it's one of those programmes that cheers you up.

paddyann Sun 13-Oct-19 15:36:21

We're on Loch lomondside and our nearest Maternity unit that has doctors is Paisley .Thats more than far enough to travel.The local hospital has a midwife led unit for problem free pregnancies but most new mums want the security of a doctor on site.Having said that i wouldn't swap where I live for anywhere in the world ..not even if I was paid millions to move

EllanVannin Sun 13-Oct-19 16:52:21

Yes,I enjoyed it very much and used to throw myself into the scenery as it felt as if I was there. A lovely series.

bobble5 Sun 13-Oct-19 17:00:48

I live very close to one of the areas featured on the west coast of Scotland. My first 2 were born in a Glasgow hospital but my third in the local hospital, with just one midwife present. I was in and home within 6 hours.

callgirl1 Sun 13-Oct-19 18:08:54

I`ve watched each series from the start, I love it!

Harris27 Sun 13-Oct-19 18:47:19

Love it came across it by chance. Very heartwarming.

clementine Wed 23-Oct-19 22:15:51

Brilliant programme, the trust and empathy between the midwife and the mother to be is amazing , so lovely they get the one to one care , and avoid the conveyor belt system in large units. Having had four children, give me an experienced midwife any day over a trainee doctor.

jacq10 Wed 23-Oct-19 23:03:21

Think it's a great series. I nearly missed it but it was mentioned in a post a few weeks ago so got it on catch-up. I am very familiar with all the areas covered and must admit the scenery is beautiful but the real stars of the show are the midwives.

callgirl1 Wed 23-Oct-19 23:27:19

It hasn`t been on the last 2 weeks, the last one was 3 of 4, so still waiting for 4.