Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

A Midsummer Nights Dream / NT

(5 Posts)
Lisagran Fri 18-Oct-19 16:52:36

I kept smiling today, as I recalled different parts of it! The cast looked like they were having such fun! Yes, I read about Puck (David Moorst) - he went to circus school for 3 months to train for the part. I hope it’s shown again some time - it deserves a wider audience.

feldmarschallin Fri 18-Oct-19 16:45:42

Approached this relay with an open mind, having been recommended by a friend who has seen it live. I thought it was a sensational production, with an extraordinary cast. The interval interview with Nick Hytner revealed that the actor playing Puck had no previous experience with acrobatics / aerial performance! And it was funny, engaging and joyful - surely exactly what WS would have wanted had he been writing and producing his works in the 21st century.

Lisagran Thu 17-Oct-19 23:15:12

Oh, well, I guess there’ll be different opinions on it - but I thought it was amazing! It was certainly different!

BlueBelle Thu 17-Oct-19 23:13:26

Saw the preview and couldn’t bear it but maybe that wasn’t a fair review as I dint see it all

Lisagran Thu 17-Oct-19 22:37:29

Anyone see the NT screening of A Midsummer Nights Dream tonight? Astonishingly good!!