Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Cher - What's your granny doing tonight?

(8 Posts)
shysal Tue 22-Oct-19 13:53:40

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7597911/JAN-MOIR-watched-Cher-turn-time-utterly-moonstruck.html

I heard this performance being discussed on Loose Women today (I know, I should get a life), and realized that she is the same age as I am. Even with the help of cosmetic surgery I could never look like that! I haven't read the whole article but selected it for the photos.
Do you admire her or are you disgusted? I think she looked great!

BlueBelle Tue 22-Oct-19 13:57:38

Can’t stand the things women do to themselves to look young If carol vordaman s cheeks get any plumper she ll look like a Cabbage patch doll So no I don’t admire Cher at all

FlexibleFriend Tue 22-Oct-19 14:25:07

Each to their own although I wouldn't undergo repeated surgeries to look good even if I could afford it. I prefer to look amazing naturally for my age.
That said Cher looks very good unlike Carol Vordaman who just looks weird but it's their money to spend as they wish.

Nortsat46 Wed 23-Oct-19 09:02:37

I think Cher is fabulous.
When I was a social worker in Chelsea, many years ago, our office was at the back of Chelsea Town Hall. There was an exhibition on in the main part of the Town Hall and Cher was attending it.
She arrived (discreetly) at the Town Hall’s back door and was ushered through the Social Services offices to the Main Hall. We had never seen so many male social workers who had an ‘important’ reason to be in the Reception area, at the same time...

Scribbles Wed 23-Oct-19 09:50:42

I admire her and wish I could have been there. It must be something in her genes .... Why didn't I choose different ancestors?

KatyK Wed 23-Oct-19 10:32:18

I think she's fabulous too. Has anyone seen her mother? I think she's 93 and looks amazing.

EllanVannin Wed 23-Oct-19 12:10:03

It's Cher's American Indian roots which keep her features intact. She's always been a good looking woman and they tend to keep their good looks as they age, a little enhancement helps too !

PernillaVanilla Wed 23-Oct-19 12:15:26

I'm in the Cher/Joan Collins/Carol Vorderman camp. If one more person goes on at me about how lovely grey hair can look I will spontaneously combust!