Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Guilt

(25 Posts)
Gfplux Mon 02-Dec-19 15:21:22

Loved it all. Funny and dark.
I hope there is a sequel.

Namsnanny Mon 25-Nov-19 14:33:54

Yes I've just caught up with the last two episodes and I agree with lemongrove good plot dialogue and acting.

grapefruitpip … the interior shots you spoke of, did you mean you liked the 1970's décor?

Because I thought the attention to detail in the houses was perfect.
Although very few people have absolutely everything in their house from the same decade!!
It's very fashionable now though.

lemongrove Sun 24-Nov-19 20:42:13

I thought this was a brilliant series, a dark comedy with really good acting from everyone in it and such a good plot and dialogue.

Jane43 Sun 24-Nov-19 19:14:50

I’ve watched this over the last few days and thought it was very good indeed. The accent was difficult in places but I use subtitles a lot these days so not a problem.

Calendargirl Thu 21-Nov-19 22:41:13

Just watched final episode on I player. Not much comedy tonight. Glad Jake and Angie ended up together. I suppose Max got his comeuppance. Felt sorry for his pretty wife, really liked her hair.

grannydarkhair Tue 19-Nov-19 16:13:15

I really enjoyed this, although I was a wee bit disappointed by the ending, I actually felt a bit sorry for Max. Maybe left open for another series? It had some genuine twists in it and the acting was excellent. It was especially good to see Bill Paterson in a "nasty" role. It was written by Neil Forsyth who also wrote the "Bob Servant" books and tv shows starring Brian Cox, which are, I think, very funny. Forsyth was born and brought up in Dundee, so his sense of humour to me is perfect.

Labaik Wed 13-Nov-19 20:04:29

Now you've got me interested...grin

grapefruitpip Wed 13-Nov-19 18:31:53

Labaik, it improves with the introduction of the neighbour and the gnomes!

Labaik Wed 13-Nov-19 18:18:36

I may give it another go; watched the first episode on the recommendation of a friend but it made me feel very uncomfortable even though, in general, I like black comedies.

felice Tue 12-Nov-19 12:06:58

Thank you for the reminder, I have a meeting tomorrow night and have just put it to record.

jo1book Tue 12-Nov-19 11:23:01

A great show from Scotland. Very like the Coen Brothers. Wonderful black comedy.

grapefruitpip Fri 08-Nov-19 07:50:14

I love it, quirky and different. Lots of lovely interior shots.

The blackmailing neighbour is great.

Grannyknot Thu 07-Nov-19 18:06:32

Whitewave I also just have to look at Mark Bonmar and I chuckle. He is hilarious without even opening his mouth. He has the best lines in this. So funny.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 07-Nov-19 17:20:13

It must be me but I haven’t stopped giggling since it started?

Calendargirl Wed 06-Nov-19 22:19:34

Last week I felt the niece was not who she appeared to be, which looks like the case.

Calendargirl Wed 06-Nov-19 22:18:19

Watched episode 2. Really getting into it now, lots of intriguing threads appearing. Looking forward to next week.

grannydarkhair Sun 03-Nov-19 00:16:51

I'm really enjoying this, have enjoyed watching Mark Bonnar in everything he's ever done. Him and Jamie Sives were at school together, and being an adopted Scot, albeit on the east coast, I love their accent.

Gfplux Fri 01-Nov-19 16:08:07

Actually it was quite funny in a morbid way. It’s on the list for next week.
By the way always watch everything with subtitles now.

HettyMaud Thu 31-Oct-19 10:30:18

We were told that TV audio is never very good. If you buy a Soundbar you connect it to the TV and sound is much clearer.

Calendargirl Thu 31-Oct-19 10:24:18

The speech was clear, but I put the subtitles on as the accents are sometimes difficult to follow.
I mean any accents, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, American...
or maybe it’s me!

TerriBull Thu 31-Oct-19 08:49:32

Ooops new not knew.

Speech wasn't clear to me, depends what accents one is used to I guess.

kircubbin2000 Thu 31-Oct-19 08:45:10

The speech was very clear. Perhaps it was your hearing?

TerriBull Thu 31-Oct-19 07:49:29

We enjoyed it, needed the subtitles, but that's nothing knew, finding it increasingly hard to understand Americans these days too shock

NotTooOld Wed 30-Oct-19 22:54:15

I started watching it, too, Calendar, but DH kept moaning he couldn't understand their accents so I switched it off. I did notice that the 'body' looked very much like a stuffed dummy, perhaps ready for November 5th!

Calendargirl Wed 30-Oct-19 22:35:04

Watched the first episode of this. After a few minutes I thought I’m not liking this, it seemed in poor taste. I stuck with it and by the end was quite hooked, it was billed as a black comedy drama which summed it up.
It starred Mark Bonnar, he was the main reason I tuned in as I think he’s a really good actor.