Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Cold caller

(17 Posts)
Chestnut Thu 28-Nov-19 10:11:34

Well I must be the only person who liked it! There are always holes in these stories, but I've learnt to ignore and accept them over the years and these were no worse than any others. I was quite pleased to find a series that had no graphic violence or gore but the last episode let me down with the death of poor Des. I guess if you play with fire you will likely get burnt. What I liked were the twists and turns and not knowing how it would end and that's what kept me watching. Also having some characters I could empathise with.

Oopsminty Sat 23-Nov-19 21:06:13

It was absurd. But I watched it all

AllotmentLil Sat 23-Nov-19 21:02:05

Very far fetched but I watched till the end because I thought it must get better - it didn’t!

FlexibleFriend Fri 22-Nov-19 09:30:07

The ending was complete crap and the whole thing could have been condensed into one program rather than four.

Teetime Fri 22-Nov-19 09:26:15

We did watch it but only because we started and wanted to see how it ended- phew dont know what to say really- not recommended.

Sara65 Fri 22-Nov-19 08:01:49

I had recorded it, and started watching last night, but wasn’t particularly gripped by it, I may try another episode, but probably won’t.

travelsafar Fri 22-Nov-19 07:29:17

I still dont get it. All very Bizarre!!!!!

BlueBelle Thu 21-Nov-19 22:18:39

I ve given up there was a most interesting programme about What makes a murderer on channel 4 same time so I preferred that it was VERY interesting

Calendargirl Thu 21-Nov-19 22:12:28

Just watched final episode. Must have been one of the daftest plots ever. Always got the feeling I had missed chunks of the story, it seemed to fast forward a lot.
A few quibbles;
June tramping about at the wedding in heavy black coat and thick tights when everyone else in their summer finery.
Who mended the ripped sleeve on the bridal gown so efficiently and quickly.?
Where was the bridegroom amongst all these shenanigans? Quick glimpse at the altar, no more sightings, did he not wonder about the crazy family he was marrying into?

Rather a waste of four hours viewing, started out quite promising, but ended as a damp squib.

Esther1 Wed 20-Nov-19 22:51:28

I’m really enjoying this - although having read the other comments I can see that some things don’t make sense. Even so, the way she was scammed is horrifying and the story has me gripped.

mosaicwarts Wed 20-Nov-19 22:44:04

I wondered if anyone would comment on this, I thought it was a very odd drama. Stealing the credit card and buying a pram, just too obvious. I was scared for her when her brother rang her at the house last night, didn't watch tonights's!

Calendargirl Wed 20-Nov-19 22:11:30

Just wondered if I am the only person still watching this far-fetched tripe? Only one more episode to go, so will tune in tomorrow for the grand finale.

Calendargirl Wed 20-Nov-19 08:57:52

I think Des, the taxi driver, told her the police aren’t interested in anything below £100,000, and her loss was ‘only’ £83,000.
There seems several odd twists to the story, how the dementia mother’s husband treated the son, why the young daughter is getting married, to get away from her parents? Why does Kirk/Kirt, can’t remember his name, get involved with the scam call training, thought he would keep out of that and leave it to creepy Aubrey.
Also would be worried that Aubrey might recognise June’s voice from the scam cold call, but expect he spoke to so many punters.
Notice that the nasty associate is the chap who played the villainous John Stape in Coronation Street, he must be an obvious pick for baddie roles.

BlueBelle Wed 20-Nov-19 08:21:13

Doesn’t make sense does it, creeping round their house when they were asleep etc so far fetched,n taking his phone!
When things don’t ring true they annoy me as it’s not plausible but it is about a very plausible subject so should have worked better

travelsafar Wed 20-Nov-19 08:17:28

I am watching this too, i am intrigued to see what happens. I agree it is far fetched, but a very current issue. Why would you do the things she is doing, why would you not go to the police with the information you had about the man and let them deal with it. Also how come the old friend has all that equipment for tracing wrong doers but doesn't appear to have a job even though he drives around in a taxi all day long!!!

Calendargirl Tue 19-Nov-19 22:12:55

I thought last night’s was ok, but tonight not very good. Why rummage around in his office when the wife was at home, would it not have been better to wait until they had all gone out? And as for stealing the credit card and using it to pay for a pram after telling them that your daughter is pregnant?
Doh!
Will keep watching to see what happens, but very far-fetched.

BlueBelle Tue 19-Nov-19 21:38:31

Started this last night but quite bored not enjoying it
Anyone else ?