Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Can someone confirm

(8 Posts)
dahlia Sat 30-Nov-19 15:07:06

There was an old film of "All Creatures …" starring Simon Ward as James and Anthony Hopkins as Siegfried, and we watched it recently. Not bad, but the television series was so lovely, we ended up having many walking holidays in the Dales on the strength of it!

JessK Fri 29-Nov-19 13:17:40

I've read that Callum Woodhouse (Leslie in the Durrells) will be playing Tristram. I think he might be rather good in that part.
Looking forward to seeing what the remake will be like although Robert Hardy is an extremely hard act to follow.

M0nica Fri 29-Nov-19 13:05:57

DGD will be over the moon. Playing Helen was the first role playing game she ever played. She was fascinated by the series when she was about 2-3. I would be James for hours on end. In fact everyone around her had to be James at sometime or another.

It turned out that role playing was the only game she ever wanted to play. Helen was just the first of many.

She is now 12, so she will really enjoy it - and she lives in Yorkshire.

Jabberwok Fri 29-Nov-19 12:13:56

Have just finished watching repeats on Drama, 4.20 weekdays daily, and they were an absolute joy. (Wonderful Robert Hardy). Now it's Burgerac and I'm becoming hooked!! As you say, can't beat some of the oldies!

Alima Fri 29-Nov-19 09:03:59

Just Googled it. Channel 5 are doing a six part series. Hope they don’t ruin it, used to love that programme.

Welshwife Fri 29-Nov-19 08:31:51

They have been filming - about a month ago- in Grassington a production of All Creatures but whether it is a one off or a series I do not know. One of the actors who was in the Durrells is in the cast.

Greyduster Fri 29-Nov-19 08:22:48

They’ll never find a better Siegfried than wonderful Robert Hardy?!

travelsafar Fri 29-Nov-19 08:09:34

I am sure i heard or read that there will be a remake of All Creatures Great and Small for the Xmas period on TV. I really hope so as i use to love this program. Can't beat some of the oldies!!!smile