Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Frozen 2

(6 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Thu 05-Dec-19 08:35:01

I was really looking forward to seeing this film with my DD and 4 yr old GD but apparently there's lots of scary bits in it. My DD has decided now not to take my GD to see it. Some of her friends had taken their children who got really upset over it. My GD is a bit scared of anything a bit like that so it's probably for the best, but I'm gutted! Really wanted to see it! Has anyone on here seen it btw? Would love to know what you thought.

Moocow Thu 05-Dec-19 22:28:34

matson on latest films you have seen (on this same subject area) mentioned seeing Frozen 2, as have I, so hopefully matson and anyone else will reply soon.

I thought it was really good. Could easily watch again as there is so much in it. Funny with lovely/interesting new characters and a good new storyline which runs on from the first Frozen.

Yes it states mild scary scenes or something (can't quite remember the wording) as the film is about to start. I've seen some films where I've been surprised they are not scaring little ones and they have also not stated mild threat/whatever and still given a U certificate. The possibly scary bits are near the beginning and are over in a flash I think and no one was upset when I went. (Some might say maybe that is because they were tucking into their sweets/popcorn!)

Sar53 Thu 05-Dec-19 22:53:28

My DD took my just 4 year old DGD to see Frozen 2 last Friday and my DGD loved it, in fact she was almost in tears when it finished and asked to go again. My DD said there are a few mildly scary moments but it didn't upset my DGD at all.

matson Thu 05-Dec-19 22:57:28

I took my 7 year old granddaughter and we didn't notice anything scarey, lots of younger children there none of which seemed upset, bit weepy at the end, but nice weepy.... we loved it.

annodomini Thu 05-Dec-19 23:10:49

I would like to see it, but my GC are all too old to want to take me!

Moocow Fri 06-Dec-19 08:38:24

Just go annodomini I did and am really glad that I did! As they announced before the start of the film, no talking no bright screen from phones, leave the world outside - that made me smile and relax into the fantasy of it all.