Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dancing on Ice (aka the GC show)

(21 Posts)
Willow10 Sun 22-Dec-19 20:25:54

Why is Gemma Collins on Dancing on Ice? What on earth do the producer's think this talentless, self-promoting egotist brings to the show? If they are going to wheel her out every week, I for one will stop watching.

lavenderzen Sun 22-Dec-19 20:46:25

I'm reserving judgement at the moment. She may only be on for this week, hopefully!

MiniMoon Sun 22-Dec-19 20:52:46

Who is Gemma Collins?

callgirl1 Sun 22-Dec-19 22:14:17

Otherwise, a lo9vely show.

EllanVannin Sun 22-Dec-19 22:19:29

I enjoyed it all.

Charleygirl5 Sun 22-Dec-19 22:20:14

Willow I totally agree. It was bad enough having to watch her last year, with luck tonight will be a one/off.

HurdyGurdy Mon 23-Dec-19 03:35:58

My heart sank when she was shoehorned into the show this year. I was fed up to the back teeth of her last year, and as I don't watch the kind if programmes she's likely to ton, thought I'd seen the last of her.

I thought the children were adorable and I lived seeing Ray Quinn skate again

I am looking forward to January

Sparklefizz Mon 23-Dec-19 08:25:12

She's a dreadful woman, attention-seeking and talentless. What on earth were they thinking to bring her back? I won't be watching if she is on it.

If I am honest, I am also fed up with Philip Schofield's and Holly W's smug faces and their obvious reading of the autocue

I love the actual dancing on ice - shame about the rest.

sodapop Mon 23-Dec-19 08:43:42

Sparklefizz has said it all for me.

Willow10 Mon 23-Dec-19 11:49:13

Whew - I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed about GC spoiling tv programmes. After I'd posted this last night I had second thoughts, thinking maybe it was just me being a grump! The show was lovely otherwise.

Sparklefizz Mon 23-Dec-19 17:12:00

I will be watching it for Perry Kiely who is totally fearless and absolutely amazing. I remember him as a young lad in Diversity, and a few years ago he appeared in that diving programme "Splash" and was astonishing.

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Jan-20 18:15:57

Dancing on Ice on this evening and Joe Swash first on. He has the attention span of a gnat so there's no way I would want him to lift me on the ice!! I pity his partner.

BlueBelle Sun 05-Jan-20 18:26:55

Can’t bear this or the dancing one all the hysterical screaming just puts me right off

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Jan-20 18:28:25

I love it. Perry Kiely has just danced wonderfully. Couldn't take my eyes off him.

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Jan-20 18:29:15

To clarify, I don't love the hysterical screaming but put up with it for the pleasure of seeing the dance/ice.

callgirl1 Sun 19-Jan-20 23:28:38

Am I the only one who thought Holly was doing a Judy Finnegan tonight, and was wearing her bra with a skirt? lol!

Lilypops Mon 03-Feb-20 08:36:58

I love Dancing on Ice. Perry is amazing, I just can't take to Matt and H dancing together, it,s got nothing to do with their sexuality, it just doesn't look right , especially last night Swan Lake dance , it looked ridiculous , Matt carrying H with all his feathers !!

shysal Mon 03-Feb-20 09:37:31

I love Perri too. I watched him only a year or so ago on 'Celebs go Dating', and his shyness, having never dated, was endearing.
I also think Libby is amazing.
Does anyone know the full story behind Caprice's departure, having already changed partner last week?

Luckylegs Mon 03-Feb-20 10:20:00

I think basically, she wasn’t up to it and couldn’t be bothered putting all the hard work necessary to reach any kind of standard, no matter who her partner was. In the meantime, she’s devastated poor Hamish or whatever he’s called, made a mess of the schedule for DOI, made a fool of herself so is playing the pity poor me act, I presume, hoping to still get paid and still get other work because it’s not her fault, poor lamb! Can you tell I don’t like what I’ve seen of her?

Sparklefizz Mon 03-Feb-20 11:36:39

I love Perri. His skating every week is absolutely amazing and he has a wonderful work ethic which I admire, and seems a humble and really lovely guy. I remember seeing him on "Splash" years ago with Tom Daley, and he was fearless. But I also remember then that he said he was almost blind without his glasses, and obviously couldn't wear them during a diving competition. I notice now that he has them firmly attached with a band around the back of his head.

I agree with you Lilypops re Matt and H. Nothing to do with their sexuality, I don't care about that, but I thought they looked ridiculous and I don't see how their routines can be compared to those of the others when, later on, there will be far more complicated lifts which will probably be impossible when lifting another man (even though H is of smallish build).

Sparklefizz Mon 03-Feb-20 11:36:59

And good riddance to Caprice. I didn't like her.