Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Cold Feet

(51 Posts)
Teetime Tue 14-Jan-20 09:24:08

Glad to see this back last night. Really enjoyed it.

SarahCGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 05-Feb-20 14:45:46

@Bev10a welcome to Gransnet! We're giving this thread a little bump because we think there might be other gransnetters with some knowledge to share and we don't want the thread to drop off our list of Active threads. Hopefully someone will be along with your answer soon! If you want to respond to someone, you can do so by putting the @ symbol before someone's name and they'll get a notification that you've replied to them. Happy posting!

Callistemon Tue 04-Feb-20 23:00:35

It's always been a mixture of humour and pathos.

Even in their 30s there was plenty of angst.

grannyticktock Tue 04-Feb-20 22:52:01

This series is quite dark so far, isn't it? Death, cancer, injury, personal rejection, marital jealousy (and now potential infidelity) ..... not many laughs! Getting older isn't really that bad, is it?

Bev10a Tue 04-Feb-20 15:06:15

Does anyone know where Hermione Norris’s green cost with a fur collar is from? She wore it on this weeks episode of Cold Feet.

Grandma2213 Thu 30-Jan-20 02:14:55

I have started watching again. Compelling and annoying in equal measure. Good acting though!

Callistemon Wed 29-Jan-20 22:46:40

Oh, sorry, Jane43, I misunderstood!

Well, it did jog my memory when I looked it it up anyway smile

Maggiemaybe Wed 29-Jan-20 13:26:02

I hated that storyline about Adam's fabulously wealthy fiancee from Singapore and his commuting there and back - so unbelievable and plain daft, imho. I stopped watching for a while, but am glad a friend persuaded me it was worth starting again once that series was finished. I'm really enjoying it again now.

Jane43 Wed 29-Jan-20 12:30:32

Callistemon. I didn’t say the adoption storyline didn’t happen I just said it was an unbelievable storyline that Adam would want her in his life so many years later.

Callistemon Tue 28-Jan-20 19:02:11

Jane43

Cold feet Series 4 episodes 2, 4-5

Rachel and Adam attend an adoption evening.
They meet the adorable Laura and show her her room
When they tell the social worker Rachel is pregnant the social worker withdraws the adoption on the grounds that Laura might feel excluded.
They consultmamsolicitor but concede defeat.

Sparklefizz Tue 28-Jan-20 18:39:52

Yes, you're right Calendargirl, he did. And I agree with you over Adam's so-called attraction for women. He certainly doesn't do it for me, anyway.

Calendargirl Tue 28-Jan-20 16:12:14

I may have got this wrong, but I thought Adam married this youngish girl when he came back from abroad, but the marriage lasted no time at all. Her father was played by Art Malik who went out with Karen.
After the marriage broke down, he (Adam) went out with the woman who owned his flat.
I still cannot believe that Adam is such an attraction to so many women!

lucywinter Tue 28-Jan-20 14:23:31

It says in the Manchester Evening News article, "In series six we saw Adam return from a high-flying life in Singapore but he came back with new for his friends and son Matthew, he was engaged.

Suppose that would have been the wealthy young woman.

lucywinter Tue 28-Jan-20 14:13:50

Yes I think we all do Dottydots sad

Dottydots Tue 28-Jan-20 14:10:36

I want poor David to be happy. I feel quite sad for him.

MawB Tue 28-Jan-20 14:07:36

Adam moved in with a young woman who I thought was a personal trainer - but did he marry her? It was a gorgeous flat but was she wealthy? Don’t remember.
Since then he has got together with David’s ex- wife Karen and moved himself and his son in with her. Complicated by the fact the son and one of Karen’s twin daughters are an item.

lucywinter Tue 28-Jan-20 14:04:44

I was just looking for the background MawB. Wondering who the "young wealthy woman" was.

MawB Tue 28-Jan-20 13:06:27

They made it quite clear last week, and repeated this, that Adam and his wife had wanted to adopt the girl but were not allowed to when his wife found she was pregnant.
Wealth does not come into this, I think you are a bit confused.

MawB Tue 28-Jan-20 13:03:34

Well not surprising lucywinter it is up to the last series in 2019 - not the present one.

paddyanne Tue 28-Jan-20 12:30:06

I like James Nesbit,can always gaurantee a decent watch if he's in a show.As to his looks? Well aren't we all different and find different things in people ? I have never to my knowledge talked about or dismissed someone because of how they look ,and I find it strange that some people I know call perfectly normal folk "ugly".You must all be visions of perfection .I do hope others dont see you as "ugly" that wouldn't do at all !

GagaJo Tue 28-Jan-20 12:27:43

I'm starting again, from series 1 . It stands the test of time.

lucywinter Tue 28-Jan-20 12:23:51

this article in the Manchester Evening News has confused me even more.

lucywinter Tue 28-Jan-20 12:15:25

I think they (Adam and his wife - the one who died) wanted to adopt the young girl. Don't think she was wealthy though.

lucywinter Tue 28-Jan-20 12:14:13

Anyone would fancy Adam!

lucywinter Tue 28-Jan-20 12:13:29

I laughed out loud four times. Never do that at a tv programme. Fantastic.

tanith Tue 28-Jan-20 12:09:08

? I must of missed what wealthy young girl?