Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Location, location location, 11th March!

(13 Posts)
Sparklefizz Fri 27-Mar-20 09:11:17

Thank you dragonfly. Glad it all worked out well for them.

dragonfly46 Fri 27-Mar-20 02:22:28

Yes Sparkle it is pretty much as you see it. Phil was their negotiator and they thought they wanted a modern flat in London but Kirsty persuaded them to buy an older ground floor flat with outdoor space further out for when they had children. It worked well and they got a good deal.

Calendargirl Thu 26-Mar-20 21:58:48

Have just watched this week’s on catch up. Yes, I’m surprised that chap’s poor girlfriend hadn’t dumped such a mummy’s boy after 8 years living with mum! And not wanting to move far from his family. What a wuss!
If they hadn’t been running two land rovers(not cheap) and two motorbikes, they might have saved up enough deposit sooner.
I thought the single dad looked a sweetie, hope he finds someone to share his life and garden.

Sparklefizz Thu 26-Mar-20 17:03:56

It must be very frustrating for Phil or Kirsty when a couple have very rigid ideas about what they want and the location ..... then after the programme they go off and buy something which is in a different area and often totally the opposite of the original request.

eazybee Thu 26-Mar-20 16:24:36

I thought the same and I thought it was because he didn't want to leave his mum, but they did end up with what looked like a very nice house, and farther away still from mum.

Ellianne Thu 26-Mar-20 16:16:58

Well the man on last night's episode wasn't very kind. You could see his partner loved the house and was nearly crying, but he was rude. Phil was sympathetic and I think a bit angry.

M0nica Thu 12-Mar-20 15:53:28

I have seen people on all income levels on Location x 3, but there is no point on somebdy being on the programme if there is nothing they can afford in the area they want to live.

I like it because the people on it are actively house hunting and do actually offer for and buy property. They also have people at all levels in the housing market.

Some people do have significant equity behnd them but that can come from anywhere, from equity from previous homes, to inheritance, to a lottery win or a business sale.

I knew someone who moved to a beautiful large house, after her parents died in a road accident, whether the new neighbours knew that was the reason the young couple next door could afford their expensive new house, I do not know.

gillybob Thu 12-Mar-20 08:56:00

I love to see the insides of the houses but can’t help but think “where on earth do they get £800k from?” What do they do for jobs? They can’t all be city bankers can they? K&P never seem to have the average factory worker on their program do they?

Here in my town you would be hard pushed to find a house worth any more than about £300k .

Of course down South is another world .

Sparklefizz Thu 12-Mar-20 08:49:48

I think this is a new "Location". I love seeing the properties, and Phil and Kirsty really do seem to listen to what the buyers are looking for ..... unlike in "Escape to the Country" where they show fabulous properties which often don't fit the spec they've been given, presumably just to make the programme.

Interesting, dragonfly that P & K found a home for your son and DiL. Did it all proceed just as it seems to in the programme?

Katyj Thu 12-Mar-20 06:05:00

Love location but are these repeats or the revisited ones?

dragonfly46 Wed 11-Mar-20 22:11:32

Phil and Kirsty found my DS and DiL their first home.

Ellianne Wed 11-Mar-20 21:23:20

Yes, she had quite a pretty face but those glasses were far too heavy. Our DS is a bit robotic when it comes to decision making. He's the brains of the family and a scientist so everything is analysed with no feeling. I guess it takes all sorts.
The other couple were sweet. One's first property together is special even if it is only for a year or two.

phoenix Wed 11-Mar-20 20:49:24

Well, one of the women (Joanna?) seems rather robotic, and what's with the huge glasses?!!

The other couple seem to only look a year ahead!