Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Spooks

(24 Posts)
tanith Thu 19-Mar-20 17:52:30

They’ve put every episode on iPlayer I believe 86 episodes. Will keep me occupied should I get bored ? really enjoyed the it a few years ago but I’m sure I missed some of it.

Ilovecheese Thu 19-Mar-20 17:55:16

Oh goody!

NanKate Fri 20-Mar-20 21:46:22

I’ve never watched Spooks can you give me an overview please ? I like something with lots of episodes, especially if I am going to be incarcerated at home for months.

ayse Fri 20-Mar-20 21:49:09

I’ve just started the marathon watch of Spooks and Our Girl starts again next week.

sodapop Fri 20-Mar-20 21:58:45

NanKate Spooks was so convoluted I can't begin to explain or even remember a lot of the plots and sub plots.

tanith Fri 20-Mar-20 22:17:29

NanKate Spooks is about a team of Agents from MI5 protecting Britain from any national security threats. Various agents are killed throughout the whole thing so a lot of cast changes.

pensionpat Fri 20-Mar-20 23:09:43

We’ve just started to watch the whole lot. Again. Love it.

tanith Sat 21-Mar-20 07:03:10

pensionpat me too, I think I’ve gotten more squeamish in my old age but it’s still good.

tanith Sat 21-Mar-20 07:05:34

I had no idea who Keeley Hawes or Nicola Walker were in those days must of been some of there first tv roles.

Sparklefizz Sat 21-Mar-20 08:33:36

I've just started watching Spooks. Missed it when it was first on .... have watched 2 episodes so far and am loving it.

NanKate Probably not a relaxing thing to watch just before bedtime.

TwiceAsNice Sat 21-Mar-20 09:17:33

It’s a brilliant series with a cast of famous actors but please be aware it can be quite violent in places and some of the themes are very dark. Hugely enjoyable though I might start it again

NanKate Sun 22-Mar-20 20:38:20

Thanks for the input I shall definitely watch it. ?

Deedaa Mon 23-Mar-20 18:34:45

I loved Spoons, especially Matthew McFadyen!

Deedaa Mon 23-Mar-20 18:35:37

Spooks!!!

Sparklefizz Mon 23-Mar-20 18:43:00

Matthew MacFadyan - he's gorgeous! I am definitely enjoying this, Just about to watch episode 5 before Boris is on at 8.30pm

Sparklefizz Mon 23-Mar-20 18:44:31

tanith I had no idea who Keeley Hawes or Nicola Walker...

It's not Nicola Walker is it? Do you mean the spy with the fringe and straight bob hairstyle? I thought it was Jenny Agutter.

Grannmarie Mon 23-Mar-20 18:46:25

That made me laugh out loud, Deedaa!grin

I watched Spooks years ago and really enjoyed it.

I have always liked spy series/ movies, as a child I loved The Man from Uncle!

More recently I have enjoyed Bridge of Spies with Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance, Red Joan with Judi Dench and the haunting, fact based Spy with Sacha Baron Cohen on Netflix.

tanith Mon 23-Mar-20 18:59:26

Sparklefizz Nicola Walker is in a list of cast members although I’ve not seen her in the first series episodes I’ve watched so far.

Ilovecheese Mon 23-Mar-20 19:11:24

Nicola Walker is called Ruth in Spooks, she is not in the first few episodes.

Sparklefizz Mon 23-Mar-20 19:20:32

Aha ... thanks Ilovecheese .... that explains it.

Sparklefizz Mon 23-Mar-20 19:21:45

Grannmarie You mention "Bridge of Spies" .... I loved that, but it was real edge-of-your-seat stuff. I left the cinema feeling I needed cupcake and cafe and lots of wine

seacliff Sun 29-Mar-20 19:35:46

I have watched 5 episodes of the first series and am really enjoying it. Somehow I missed it first time round, so thanks for the info.

Does anyone know how long it might be on iplayer for? Not sure if I should be downloading them ALL in one go. (if I had the space)

Thanks.

Sussexborn Sun 29-Mar-20 19:54:03

We’ve made it up to Episode 5 of the first series last night. I only picked it up midway through the whole series last time around. Despite reading spy books OH wasn’t interested until it started and by the end of the first episode he was hooked. Amazing caste. We keep recognising actors from other programmes, some easier to place than others.

tanith Sun 29-Mar-20 20:15:48

*Sussexborn on the iPlayer it says available for 11months so I think we’re safe I’m on episode 2 of the second series. I’m really enjoying it but it does show its age as regards technology.