Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Theatre, dance and opera online

(4 Posts)
Dinahmo Sat 28-Mar-20 08:58:58

www.theguardian.com/stage/2020/mar/17/hottest-front-room-seats-the-best-theatre-and-dance-to-watch-online

Above is a link to an article in the Guardian listing various on line events. For those who particularly like ballet and opera follow the link to the Royal Opera House. I found this last night and there are good things coming up

Floradora9 Sat 28-Mar-20 15:35:52

Every Friday the RSNO have a concert on their website. We listened last night and it was lovely
Marquee TV is wonderful one month free but I will willing pay to continue . Opera , ballet and plays to be watched and new ones coming all the time.

wildswan16 Sat 28-Mar-20 16:09:13

I enjoyed the production of Peter and the Wolf on the Royal Opera House last night at 7 p.m. This is what is coming up:

Peter and the Wolf, The Royal Ballet, 2010 – 27 March 2020, 7pm GMT
Acis and Galatea, The Royal Opera, 2009 – 3 April 2020, 7pm BST
Così fan tutte, The Royal Opera, 2010 – 10 April 2020, 7pm BST
The Metamorphosis, The Royal Ballet, 2013 – 17 April 2020, 7pm BST
Gloriana, The Royal Opera, 2013 – 24 April 2020, 7pm BST
The Winter’s Tale, The Royal Ballet, 2014 – 1 May 2020, 7pm BST

SCeri Mon 03-Aug-20 22:14:27

If you love classical music and opera, it's worth looking at www.lockdownpresents.com/ for a unique live music experience.

You can book a professional musician for a private live gig over Zoom. You can invite family & friends and do it for a special occasion, or just book for yourselves to do something different. Hearing directly from the musician about the background to the music is something really special, plus it's a great way to support artists whilst so much of their work is cancelled.

My niece booked a Welsh tenor who performed some opera and some old Welsh folk music for our family get together (we're all Welsh) and the family absolutely loved it.