Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

ISIHAC, how lovely to hear the late Humph!

(17 Posts)
phoenix Mon 11-May-20 18:39:05

Well, just that, really!

Just now, Radio 4, silly, sometimes "smutty" humour (Its all in your mind!)

gringrin

Riverwalk Mon 11-May-20 18:50:29

I'm listening!

Yes, lovely to hear Humph again.

phoenix Mon 11-May-20 18:52:31

grin

phoenix Mon 11-May-20 18:53:00

But a bit sad

shysal Mon 11-May-20 19:02:51

I has pleased to see him on TV the other day on the panel of a very old Blankety Blank, with a young Terry Wogan. Other panellists included Beryl Reed, David Jason, Roy Hudd, Faith Brown and Lorraine Chase. It was hilarious.

I am a big fan on ISIHAC, shall try to catch the old episodes.

Riverwalk Mon 11-May-20 19:09:35

Mornington Crescent was particularly funny tonight! grin

grandMattie Mon 11-May-20 19:13:01

Fabulous. I particularly enjoyed Mornington Crescent too. Nearly wet myself laughing. Don’t make them like that any more.?

DanniRae Mon 11-May-20 19:16:29

I might be a fan if I knew what ISIHAC meant??????
But I have to say that I'm sorry I haven't a clue!!!!!!!

phoenix Mon 11-May-20 19:34:25

When Humph died (btw, flowers were left at Mornington Crescent tube station) I really thought that Stephen Fry would be the obvious successor.

They tried out Stephen Fry, Rob Brydon and Jack Dee. I thought Stephen Fry was very disappointing! Stilted, and lacking in that dry humour.

Although no one could ever replace Humph, I have to say, Jack Dee does a good job!

Will be missing the lovely Tim Brooke-Taylor though sad

shysal Mon 11-May-20 20:18:19

Just listened to it. One of the funniest ever I would say. When I saw the stage show a sat nav was used for Mornington Crescent. One of the best theatre outings ever. I still have my kazoo.

phoenix Mon 11-May-20 20:51:05

shysal I'm envy that you've seen the stage show!

Please tell me, in Sound Charades, when they say "and here on the laser display board" I always imagine someone walking across the stage with a large piece of cardboard with the answer written on, an I right???

Grannybags Mon 11-May-20 21:01:54

It was brilliant. So much funnier than the latest episodes.

I always imagine that's what they're doing too phoenix!

phoenix Mon 11-May-20 21:20:07

I have (almost) persuaded Mr P, that if ever we are in a position to have 2 kittens, we will call them Hamish & Dougal, partly so that I can say, "Ah, Dougal, you'll have had your tea!" But also to see if the vet " gets" it!

(Oliver Sprout and Minnie are both in rude health, so no chance at present!)

shysal Tue 12-May-20 11:06:00

Yes Phoenix, the laser display is a handwritten piece of cardboard!

BradfordLass73 Wed 13-May-20 02:21:15

Tribute to Tim, in case you missed it:

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000hxzw

GrandmasueUK Wed 13-May-20 11:10:16

We've seen it live several times and have the kazoos to prove it. We were lucky to see one of the last ones that Humph did, which was the only televised one, from the Lowry. We also stayed overnight once in the same hotel after we had seen the show in Southport. A few of them were at the next table at breakfast and I was completely star-struck. grin

phoenix Sun 17-May-20 17:40:40

Today's (Sunday, 12.30) episode had me laughing out loud!

I know it's all in the mind, but some of the double entendres shock grin