Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Too Many Trains

(6 Posts)
Nanof3 Sun 14-Jun-20 11:43:22

The programme planners on all channels on TV have apparently decided, that instead of lighthearted and feelgood programmes to cheer us all up they will fill the schedules with Trains.
this week alone there have been Trains with Michael Portillo, Chris Tarrant, Bill Nighy - the best one as it's not all about him - The Steam Train Museum, Paddington Station, The East Coast Railway and another one from a mainline station in Scotland, there have been so many I may have missed one or two.
Does anyone else think this is excessive and a trifle boring for those of us who are not train spotters?

25Avalon Sun 14-Jun-20 11:54:24

I quite like Michael Portillo’s train programmes as it is more like a magazine on all sorts of things not just trains. I’ve also enjoyed the fantastic scenery on Bill Nighy’s scenic trains which I found a real boost. Haven’t watched the rest - look at old repeats of Antique Road trip, Escape to the Country, not to mention Rick Stein And Hairy Bikers which my DH claims never to have seen before when I’ve seen them at least3 times!

FlexibleFriend Sun 14-Jun-20 12:50:21

I haven't seen any of them.

EllanVannin Sun 14-Jun-20 12:58:18

I watched a coastal one that I'd been on in the past which was interesting.
Waiting for the Ffestiniog one so that I can have another reminisce.
I loved the old train rides and enjoyed being on the Orient Express, the carriage was named Perseus. That was in the 90's.

edingergriff Sun 28-Jun-20 18:37:37

I haven't seen any of them too

grannypiper Sun 28-Jun-20 18:46:38

Keeps me happy, i have watched them all at one time or another