Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Coronavirus on Corrie!

(14 Posts)
Toadinthehole Sun 26-Jul-20 18:51:33

It was the hair we noticed, certainly on Adam. On Wednesday it was short, and by Friday, it had turned into a haystack?. Also, Sarah didn’t look as well ‘ polished’, I’m assuming because they’re having to do their own makeup.

Maggiemaybe Sun 26-Jul-20 18:40:37

I thought it worked well, even though they’re always going to be a bit behind any new guidelines. For example, nobody’s going to be wearing masks in The Kabin for a while yet.

NotTooOld Sun 26-Jul-20 17:42:59

I also enjoyed the Friday episode. I did think Paula Wilcox looks like she could gain a few pounds and strange to hear her speak without a Liverpool accent. I'm tired of the Gary Windass character. That story needs to be wound up, the quicker the better. How convenient that the body in the woods was wearing a watch with an inscription on the back.

Franbern Sun 26-Jul-20 17:28:24

I thought they have handled it well. We were told that clever camera angles would make people look closer to each other than they actually are. And, no children will be permitted on set, so they will just be referred to but not seen

First of the Soaps to take this on board, unless you count the dreadful mishmash, they have made of The Archers. It did seem a little strange that they jumped four months, but within very few episodes we will accept that- at least they are trying AND filming new episodes.

Do wish they would being to a conclusion the Yasmeen/Geoff story. Have done a good job with highlighting Cohercive Behavior, but it has gone on far too long. And as for Gary Windass, about time he got his come uppance - although when he killed it was very much self-defence and at the very least would, then have been manslaughter. Now he will go down for murder, concealing a body, etc.etc. The sooner the better please.

sodapop Sat 25-Jul-20 16:58:19

It was a bit strange but like henetha and Jane10 I enjoyed it. Time for the Gary Windass story to finish I agree. Looking forward to seeing how the Paula Wilcox story line pans out.

Jane10 Sat 25-Jul-20 11:50:08

I thought there was a nice light touch to it. Well done Corrie. Wish it was on more often but I expect that filming it takes far longer now.
Come on Eastenders.

henetha Sat 25-Jul-20 11:08:59

I enjoyed it anyway. It worked for me.

maddyone Sat 25-Jul-20 09:42:20

I agree BlueBelle, it was bizarre.

Calendargirl Sat 25-Jul-20 06:53:09

I suppose the current updated episodes were filmed weeks ago, so it would still have been quite bizarre not really knowing how it was panning out.

I read somewhere they would be referring to Coronavirus, but not dwelling on it at great length.

No hugs, kisses or fisticuffs for some time to come though!

BlueBelle Sat 25-Jul-20 06:31:19

I thought it was bizarre and I don’t think it was handled well because it missed four months completely out as if it never happened seemed extremely strange to me even references to it would have been better than nothing

maddyone Fri 24-Jul-20 23:46:24

They have caught up, but the part where we all locked down has been missed out. We went from absolutely no Coronavirus to past lockdown and social distancing etc in one week. The pub is open again. It would have been good to include a couple of weeks of lockdown, it would have worked better.

Grannynannywanny Fri 24-Jul-20 22:36:15

I’m just glad that far fetched story with Gary Windass looks like it’s finally going to reach a conclusion. I know it’s soapland and not real but that storyline is just ridiculous and has dragged on too long!

Charleygirl5 Fri 24-Jul-20 22:26:10

Yes Jane I noticed they had "caught up" with the rest of us!

I hope Geoff gets his just desserts.

Jane10 Fri 24-Jul-20 22:23:42

Filming has obviously caught up so we won't have a gap like Eastenders. Tonight's Corrie featured careful film angles, social distancing, hand sanitisers and frequent references to Coronavirus.
Seemed fine to me but, gosh, what next for poor Yazmeen?