Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Escape to the Chateau

(9 Posts)
tiredoldwoman Fri 31-Jul-20 07:14:26

I watched this last night , I'd looked forward to it for a few weeks and was so excited !
But I think either it or I have lost the magic , I was disappointed ........

TerriBull Fri 31-Jul-20 07:23:22

I didn't realise it going to be them giving advice as to other people regarding home improvements, last night's programme didn't really interest me. I much prefer the unfolding story of their lives in the chateau, how they turned it into a wonderful home and business venture together with the insight into their lives in France and the local community. It was nice to see their children with the lovely new puppy.

Niobe Fri 31-Jul-20 07:43:09

I watched it and thought it was very relatable. I liked the way Angel and Dick helped to deal with small projects rather than huge renovations. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

Ellianne Fri 31-Jul-20 07:46:53

I guess they were trying to make the best of bad times, but for me the format didn't work at all. They are giving those children a wonderful life, the little girl is gorgeous and so gentle with her puppy. The young over enthusiastic lad would drive me crazy!

tiredoldwoman Fri 31-Jul-20 09:37:29

Their own homemade videos are a delight. I've just finished watching last week's one . You can find them under ' The Chateau tv ' . I think there's 8 short videos .

NotSpaghetti Fri 31-Jul-20 11:24:27

I'm afraid I find this whole chateau saga rather smug and irritating.

It IS however a clever way to boost their own income. Given that he is a well known film maker, what could be easier or more profitable than being paid to film your own business and drive revenue towards it!

Missfoodlove Fri 31-Jul-20 11:36:47

I just worry about what’s in the beard and tash ?. Yuk

Davidhs Fri 31-Jul-20 11:44:42

Dick and Angel are going to make much more out of the film production than ever they are from property value or any event profit they might get.

They are two interesting presenters and I have enjoyed the story, as long as everyone realizes they are getting a lot of help that is not shown.

Deedaa Fri 31-Jul-20 15:31:17

I am an unashamed Chateau fan. Loved the ideas they came up with yesterday and the new puppy is gorgeous.