Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The deceived

(24 Posts)
Jane43 Fri 07-Aug-20 10:08:26

I watched two episodes and after 15 minutes of episode 3 I gave up on it. The previous two Irish series’ I watched with Adrian Dunbar were quite good but this is not for me.

merlotgran Thu 06-Aug-20 22:06:15

Well, at least it perked up a bit tonight.

Gingster Thu 06-Aug-20 22:05:29

What a load of old tripe

Calendargirl Thu 06-Aug-20 22:02:24

A load of codswallop really.

Surprised Paul Mescal agreed to be in this, perhaps it was before Normal People.

Will there be another series?

Aargh!

TerriBull Thu 06-Aug-20 09:43:28

Allegedly it's rubbish, or so my husband tells me, I generally nod off and he won't tell me what's happened because it's not worth wasting breath on that apparently! Hopefully I can piece together the "slept through" sections from this thread, so plenty of detail please grin

lemongrove Thu 06-Aug-20 08:39:26

It’s enjoyable hokum?

Gingster Thu 06-Aug-20 07:55:25

Last episode this evening. Thank goodness. What a weird drama! Very annoying and unrealistic. I’ve kept watching hoping it would improve . Hoping tonight will reveal all. ?

grandMattie Thu 06-Aug-20 06:12:40

We watched the first episode and were distinctly underwhelmed. Count us out,

Calendargirl Thu 06-Aug-20 06:09:01

It’s so unbelievable, but I am assuming the missing student is the real author of Michael’s book, and he has stolen it and passing it off as his own? And had to kill her?

Or not ?

That silly girlfriend of his should have left as soon as she arrived. Will Sean rescue her, or is he in on it all?

No idea about Roisin and the crazy mother.

Calendargirl Thu 06-Aug-20 06:03:30

Oh, thanks GrandmaKT

GrandmaKT Wed 05-Aug-20 23:15:51

I thought that Calendargirl, but then realised it was Michael's hand that he'd placed over Hugh's

Calendargirl Wed 05-Aug-20 21:46:49

Did anyone just see Hugh’s hands moving when he was in his coffin?

Or was it my imagination?

?

GrandmaKT Wed 05-Aug-20 11:20:09

eazybee

It is absolute rubbish.
I am enjoying it immensely.

I agree! grin
Did I miss something or did Mary say "I'll make us a cup of tea" and Ophelia walked out of the back door, and cycled to the village pub? All very quirky but will continue watching.

Calendargirl Wed 05-Aug-20 11:08:14

eazybee

Yes, but who, or what, is doing the knocking?

I thought she sorted the knocking, opened a window and it was a branch brushing against it?

Or did I miss something?

?‍♀️

henetha Wed 05-Aug-20 10:22:09

I'm recording it, - not sure now whether to continue.
It sounds weird.

Lisagran Wed 05-Aug-20 10:12:45

It’s bonkers! But it’s got Paul Mescal (Normal People) in it grin
Good review in the Independent - www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/the-deceived-review-paul-mescal-normal-people-channel-5-a9652966.html

eazybee Wed 05-Aug-20 10:00:32

Yes, but who, or what, is doing the knocking?

Sparklefizz Wed 05-Aug-20 09:31:27

I have watched one and a half episodes, but it's ludicrous on so many levels, and frankly life is too short ......

Charleygirl5 Wed 05-Aug-20 08:42:33

I have been watching Line of Duty so recorded this but I am having second thoughts about bothering to watch it.

eazybee Wed 05-Aug-20 07:11:47

It is absolute rubbish.
I am enjoying it immensely.

Calendargirl Wed 05-Aug-20 07:09:30

Far fetched, but will keep watching.

Why did the husband leave after the (very small) funeral and go home to chat to the builder instead of going to the presumably (very small) wake?

Why did the girlfriend/mistress rock up as she did, pretending to be from the wife’s agency, wear the dead woman’s clothes, wander to the village in her pyjamas, swipe keys and go into locked rooms, use the computer (no password needed), sleep with the husband in the marital bed on the same night as the funeral?

Agree about the mother not seeming bothered about all this, she and the husband seem to be in some conspiracy.

I think it will have a daft ending, but will keep watching the next two nights. Might not have bothered if it went on for weeks.

granfromafar Tue 04-Aug-20 22:21:47

I watched the first 2 parts and will watch the rest as want to know what happens. Had a good write-up in the paper and I love a good psychological thriller. Definitely a few oddities eg Mary (Rosin's mother doesn't act as if she has just lost her daughter. Also agree that if the fire had been that bad, it wouldn't be habitable. Wouldn't there be investigations by fire officers to determine how it started?

J52 Tue 04-Aug-20 22:12:13

I’ve been watching and some of it is unbelievable. A house fire like that would leave the whole house reeking of smoke and unliveable. The electricity’ would be damaged, yet they’re living in the house and went into the room where the fire had been.
Tonight Michael opened the wood burning stove to put a log on with his bare hands. They stove would have been extremely hot.
I like the story but not it’s poor execution.

Gingster Tue 04-Aug-20 21:39:21

Anyone watching The deceived? Not sure about it. Don’t find any of the characters likeable. Would the girl really stay in that house all alone? Not very believable up to now,