Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Mystery Road 2 and Saga Noren

(7 Posts)
trisher Sat 10-Oct-20 18:34:28

Watching this and thought the archeologist looked familiar and yes it is Sofia Helin who played Saga Noren in The Bridge. An amazing actress. I Googled her and discovered she is 48. Her command of English is also incredible. Really good to see her in something else.

silverlining48 Sat 10-Oct-20 19:42:52

I didn’t recognise her but was trying to work out from her very faint accent, where she came from. I enjoyed Bridge but found it hard to get into this series of mystery road.

MayBee70 Sat 10-Oct-20 19:50:19

Really? I need to try watching it again then. I love Sofia!

trisher Sat 10-Oct-20 19:57:36

She looks physically different - a bit heavier and totally different mannerisms. Just shows what a good actress she is. She has a small scar on her upper lip that made me check it out. I'm not keen on series 2 watching to see her mostly.

MayBee70 Sat 10-Oct-20 20:21:27

You're right. It is her. Is she in series one also? If so I'll give it another go.

trisher Sat 10-Oct-20 21:04:19

No she's not in 1. I didn't find either series that good. Only started 2 for something to watch and then got hooked trying to spot her.

suziewoozie Sat 10-Oct-20 21:58:27

I didn’t recognise her either. I was disappointed with series 2 of MR - maybe the idea only had one series in it? It was a good idea though