Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

John Bishop and the Great Whale Rescue

(18 Posts)
Hellogirl1 Tue 13-Oct-20 23:09:14

What a wonderful pair of programmes, and such a heart warming ending. How great it must feel to gain the love and trust of these magnificent creatures.

Callistemon Tue 13-Oct-20 23:15:45

We've recorded the second part but the first part was excellent.

What a lovely man he seems to be.

Smileless2012 Tue 13-Oct-20 23:19:09

It was fabulous wasn't it, made me cry.

Callistemon Tue 13-Oct-20 23:20:38

I thought he might be hovering around and commenting as so many celebrities might do, but no, he was part of the team and really involved.

Hellogirl1 Tue 13-Oct-20 23:24:54

He really cared about the welfare of Little White and Little Grey, such a nice man.

Liz46 Wed 14-Oct-20 07:26:58

Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed the two programmes. The whales seemed to be very intelligent.

Esspee Wed 14-Oct-20 07:28:20

Where can you see it?

shysal Wed 14-Oct-20 08:10:20

Esspee, it was on ITV on Monday and Tuesday this week.

I loved it. I recorded both programmes and watched yesterday just before bedtime. I couldn't drag myself away from it, so had a late night and dreams of whales!

Auntieflo Wed 14-Oct-20 14:26:34

What a lovely programme. I recorded it, as I wasn't sure if DH would be as keen as me.
We both watched Pt 1 yesterday, and will watch Pt 2 tonight.

Kate1949 Wed 14-Oct-20 20:53:43

It was really lovely.

Nandalot Wed 14-Oct-20 21:08:18

Yes, a really great programme and what a result for the two whales. They must be really enjoying their new territory.

paddyanne Wed 14-Oct-20 22:20:49

There was a pod of bottle nosed whales in a local loch for the past couple of weeks.A huge number of volunteers over a number of days attempted to move them out as the annual "War games" were due with many ships and submarines.I did suggest the "war games " be cancelled until the whales left ..alas it didn't happen .The volunteers managed to move two out of the loch but two adults and an elderly whale managed to eveade the efforts.It seems the old whale was dying and the younger ones stay with the older ones in these circumstances .I haven't had an update on their condition now the ships are leaving again.
War games? Who needs boats and guns when the nuclear facility is sited there ? I still believe the whales should have been left in peace .I hope the outcome for these lovely creatures is good .

Bridie22 Wed 14-Oct-20 22:22:19

Brilliant heartwarming programmes, restored my faith in humans!

Washerwoman Thu 15-Oct-20 22:08:20

We would have missed this without the reviews on here.Just watched both episodes and what a lovely man John Bishop is.And his live for animals shines through,Wonderful.

LauraNorder Thu 15-Oct-20 22:12:36

He does come across as being very sincere in his love for all animals. Yes, a lovely man and a great programme

mokryna Thu 15-Oct-20 22:30:18

A heartwarming programme. Recently, I have not been watching nature programs because I feel I am helpless and guilty with what is happening in the natural world.
Thank you Mr Bishop.

Esspee Thu 15-Oct-20 23:43:53

Thank you shysal we watched it tonight, a lovely programme. I would never have expected John Bishop to be offered a programme like that but he was marvellous, so genuine.

grannyactivist Fri 16-Oct-20 01:21:52

John Bishop has quite a menagerie at home - he and his wife are great champions of animals. And yes, he is a genuinely nice family guy; he was best man at my sister's wedding before he was famous and he has remained a very loyal friend.