Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Kate Humble on her farm ch 5

(7 Posts)
travelsafar Wed 14-Oct-20 09:10:17

Oh how i enjoyed watching this last night. She is so lucky to live where she does and to have such a wonderful life. Just loved how she cares about her animals, the enviroment and enjoyed the visit to the local water mill. Pure escapism in these troubled times. Well done Ch 5 for another beautiful program.

Jaberwok Wed 14-Oct-20 13:03:17

I absolutely loved it, although I was expecting not to!! I like Kate Humble but find her at times a bit 'keen'! but on this prog she was a delight! Am slightly worried about Sausage though, if she's not fit to breed from anymore?! eeek!! DH is sure they'll keep her as a pet - hope so!

Hollyhock1 Wed 14-Oct-20 13:25:01

I loved it too! I'm recording the series in case I forget to watch one week - for some reason I don't always check what's on Ch5. Thought the bit on dry stone walling was good. I really hope Sausage's future is as a pet on the farm.

Jaxjacky Wed 14-Oct-20 13:36:39

I came across it by accident and really enjoyed it, she gets stuck in doesn’t she.

Anniezee Thu 22-Oct-20 13:52:34

Not sure about Kate Humble - too ebullient and I always feel she is playing at being a farmer. Absolutely love Our Yorkshire Farm which IS the real thing - Amanda Owen's books are a great read too. Fabulous family.

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Oct-20 14:49:03

The Kate Humble prog sounds good. I must catch up with it.

I am not keen on Amanda Owen herself but agree that they are a great family. The children are lovely.

Davidhs Thu 22-Oct-20 15:09:37

Playing farming of course it’s not about making a living from crops and livestock, or even living the “good life”. They are making far more out of the TV production than they will make in 10 yrs of farming.

Just like Dick Strawbridge the money is in the TV production.