Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Roadkill

(60 Posts)
Calendargirl Mon 19-Oct-20 06:55:41

Anyone watched this last night, BBC1, 9pm.?

Has potential, I thought.

Hugh Laurie good, as per usual.

Jane10 Thu 29-Oct-20 11:09:37

Argh- wasn't not was.

Jane10 Thu 29-Oct-20 11:09:02

I agree TwiceAsNice. It felt more like the start of a series than the end. I liked how it went though. He was obviously smarter than the various underlings gave him credit.
It was exactly 'Yes Minister' though!

TwiceAsNice Thu 29-Oct-20 11:05:58

Binge watched it on IPlayer with DD2 last Sunday .Loved it! Think the end is paving the way for another series

Parsley3 Thu 29-Oct-20 10:13:52

I have just binge watched this. The dialogue was stilted, the storyline was unconvincing and given the quality of the cast, the acting was somewhat wooden. New scriptwriters are needed if there is to be a second series.

DiscoDancer1975 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:12:51

There’ll definitely be a second series, but I think I’ll just make up my own, like I did with ‘ Killing Eve’. Couldn’t be bothered with any more.

Alexa Tue 27-Oct-20 10:04:08

I like it except I am increasingly puzzled who three of the women are, as they look so alike with their pretty faces and long dark hair. I can however pick out the Prime Minister who was the Gypsy Queen in Peaky Blinders.

trisher Tue 27-Oct-20 10:02:03

I can't decide if I should binge watch or wait patiently for next week's episode. I do think the SPADs are still getting away with stuff they might not do if any of the MPs had watched "The Thick of It".

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 27-Oct-20 08:24:40

We watched the whole series on iPlayer!

Juliet27 Tue 27-Oct-20 08:19:41

I fell asleep in 4 too Dilly and then looked for 5 !! 4 certainly leaves it open for another series?!

lemongrove Tue 27-Oct-20 08:13:28

Watched the second episode last night.....boring! Am with you
LazyRiver on this, slow and wooden.

Jane10 Tue 27-Oct-20 08:11:10

I've now seen two and plan to watch the next two this pm. Interesting how all the various 'underlings' seem in collusion. I wonder how true to life it is.

ginny Tue 27-Oct-20 07:54:54

I got fed up in the first episode and went off to do something else.
DH is enjoying it though.

Elrel Tue 27-Oct-20 00:04:48

I’m enjoying it. So few series lately keep my attention.

DiscoDancer1975 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:41:20

We’ve watched two, and will watch the other two tonight. I don’t normally like anything political, unless it’s in the background to the main story. My husband enjoys them. I like the domestic side, emotional etc, but got confused when the journalist girl was in Washington, as to who was who, and the ease at which she found them all. Will persevere, as there’s only two more. If there’d been eight, I would have given up. I don’t think it’s helped us re watching’ Life on Mars’, and ‘ Ashes to Ashes’ again. Sooooo good. This seemed a bit bland after that. Hugh Laurie is good though.

PECS Mon 26-Oct-20 12:24:13

I enjoyed the first two episodes last night..may do a binge of the rest as DH & I both enjoyed it. Felt it was not too far fetched but had enough 'drama' to make it entertaining. Good actors too!

trisher Thu 22-Oct-20 10:29:35

I watched it but thought it was a bit predictable. I knew what the SPADs were up to- I blame too many episodes of "The Thick of It". And the druggy daughter is a bit of a stereotype. Still I will watch the rest of it to see if there are any surprises.

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Oct-20 09:33:32

You're right, * Flossie*. My mistake. No wonder I got to the end so quickly confused

DillytheGardener Thu 22-Oct-20 09:32:31

I fell asleep through episode 4, I didn’t realise it was the final episode, I thought I’d catch up with what happened in episode 5, now i find out the series had only 4 in total. I must pay more attention, I have the attention span of a knat!

Flossieturner Thu 22-Oct-20 09:18:21

I thought there were only 4 episodes in this series.

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Oct-20 09:15:32

Oh no! Been watching it on iPlayer and thought I had one more episode to go but suddenly found I was already on episode 6. It must be a good sign that I wanted more .....

Lazyriver Wed 21-Oct-20 17:39:48

Sorry, bit of a typo. Slow and wooden.

Lazyriver Wed 21-Oct-20 17:38:47

Oh dear, I thought it was full and wooden, and gave up after 20 mins!
Mind you I have just re watched the Night Manager, where Hugh Laurie is absolutely terrifying.
Also remember The House of Cards, so Roadkill came out as a poor offering.
Sorry!....

Sparklefizz Wed 21-Oct-20 17:17:25

Jane43

The first episode was very promising. You can’t really go wrong with Hugh Laurie and Helen McCrory.

I agree! I'm on episode 4 and loving it. It does remind me of House of Cards many moons ago.

Esspee Wed 21-Oct-20 16:55:57

Loved it!

Jane43 Wed 21-Oct-20 16:49:28

The first episode was very promising. You can’t really go wrong with Hugh Laurie and Helen McCrory.