Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Can't remember name of film. Help?!

(13 Posts)
GagaJo Tue 20-Oct-20 23:32:55

I want to watch a film I enjoyed a few years ago, but can't remember the name.

It was about two modern artists (married couple), living in a very modern house. Weird relationship. They would go days without talking. They were preparing to move from the house and by the end of the film, the move is about to happen.

It's a foreign film, with subtitles. I want to say French, although I'm not convinced. It was on BBC iPlayer a few years ago.

Driving me mad that I can't think of the name. Can any of you help please?

lemongrove Tue 20-Oct-20 23:51:44

Sorry I can’t help, even though I have thought long and hard about it......it certainly sounds very French?

Doodledog Wed 21-Oct-20 00:14:12

Could it be La Belle Noiseuse?

m.imdb.com/title/tt0000000000101428/

Calendargirl Wed 21-Oct-20 07:28:09

No idea, but your description doesn’t make me want to rush out and watch it!

?

GagaJo Wed 21-Oct-20 09:00:34

Thank you Doodledog, but no.

Haha Calendargirl. It was a good movie. Quite compelling. I'm not a 'happy ever after' movie person or reader.

Oldwoman70 Wed 21-Oct-20 10:00:55

Have you tried google? Type in how do I find the name of a film (or something similar) and I am sure there will be some website to help

lemongrove Wed 21-Oct-20 10:12:45

I would enjoy seeing again a film called Zazie Dans Le Metro
If I could get my hands on a copy, about a little girl ( very feisty) in Paris.

henetha Wed 21-Oct-20 11:30:36

I wish I could help, but it doesn't ring a bell.. I love French films. Have you seen "The New Girlfriend" on tv recently?
It's French and I really loved it. Good luck with you search.

GagaJo Wed 21-Oct-20 11:35:26

Is it this one henetha? I might watch it. Yes, a lot of the time I prefer foreign films/TV.

Utterly inseparable, the childhood best friends, Claire and Laura, share everything. Happily married to Gilles and David, the lifelong companions seem to live the perfect life; however, Claire's world will turn upside down, when Laura, unexpectedly, becomes ill and dies. Now, Laura's devastated husband, David, is burdened with the difficult task of being both a father and a mother to his newborn orphaned child, Lucie, as an equally grief-stricken Claire struggles to come to terms with the unfair tragedy.

Oopsminty Wed 21-Oct-20 11:37:06

I tried to Google GagaJo's film but failed magnificently

However, Zazie Dans Le Metro is available from Amazon in DVD format or online with Amazon Prime, lemongrove

Just watched the trailer ... it looks good!

henetha Wed 21-Oct-20 11:39:18

GaGajo... yes, that's the one! I loved it and have completely fallen for the actor playing David.

GagaJo Wed 21-Oct-20 12:33:15

It's on the site I use henetha. Going to watch it!

henetha Fri 23-Oct-20 11:27:12

I hope you liked it. I've recorded it and watched it at least four times now.