Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Critical Care

(7 Posts)
travelsafar Fri 23-Oct-20 08:23:56

Watched this last night on ch5. What wonderful work these people in NHS provide. If i ever needed help i hope it is from someone as dedicated as these fine folk. I especailly liked the man who looked after a poor lady who had a stroke at 38, he was able to remove a blood clot from her brain, such skill, you could see the tension in his face as he performed such a serious procedure. Bought tears to my eyes when he visited her afterwards. If you like real life drama this is one to watch.

BlueBelle Sat 24-Oct-20 08:25:10

...and what a modest doctor/surgeon he was a really kind caring and very skilled chap

travelsafar Fri 30-Oct-20 08:09:39

Once again truely amazing skills to save the life of an unknown person.

One poor lady had had a bleed on the brain hile out with her family for the day and after treatment she went on to recover enough that she could be back home with the husband and children.

This program i feel is one of the best which show cases our wonderful NHS.

Jane43 Fri 30-Oct-20 18:57:15

We watch this programme every week. What an amazing job these doctors and nurses do.

EllanVannin Fri 30-Oct-20 19:19:17

Those staff deserve recognition for the work they do. So calm and reassuring to both patients and their families as they explain step by step what their intentions are in a caring way.
Wonderful programme.

Luckygirl Fri 30-Oct-20 19:37:10

One of the female A&E consultants is so calm and genuinely caring - she is an inspiration to watch.

WOODMOUSE49 Fri 30-Oct-20 21:49:12

There are so many NHS staff that do their without being recognised and acknowledged for the fantastic caring and
skilful work they do.

I was rushed into hospital over a year ago and was looked after on my arrival, on and off for 5 hours, by a trauma nurse until I got up to the main trauma ward to await my surgery.

He came to visit me the following morning (as he went off duty) to see how I was and to reassure me of the work the hand surgeon was about to do.

My thanks for his care and also my surgeon, a very inspirational lady.