Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

IMAGINE - This House is Full of Music

(5 Posts)
EllanVannin Sat 31-Oct-20 10:53:08

What an absolutely remarkable and talented family, so lovely too. A joy to watch.
The " wealth " is in the people themselves which is more than money can buy. A brilliant future for all of them.

One of my mum's favourite songs from years ago was Deep River sung by Paul Robson.

varian Sat 31-Oct-20 10:19:34

I don't think these parents were wealthy, although both had successful professional careers. All of the children attended state schools where they were lucky enough to be offered instrumental music lessons.

They seem, not only to be incredibly talented, but hard working and very good natured. Their shared joy in making music together shines through in this lovely documantary.

travelsafar Sat 31-Oct-20 08:53:34

This kind of program just shows how life can be different for children if they are bought up in a family with hard working, ambitious parents, some wealth, to pay for music lessons etc and the opportunities they have had. How different it could have been if they had been bought up in somewhere like an inner city area and not a leafy suburban part of the city. Well done to those parents and the children for all the hard work they must have all put in. An inspiration smile

Fennel Fri 30-Oct-20 14:34:43

I've just watched the first 10 minutes or so and as you say sheer magic. Bookmarked to watch later.
In my family we have a fiddler, a clarinetist and a pianist and one or two singers, but ony amateurs and never played together.
The nearest was when I was a child and extended family sang around the piano, played by my Dad.
That family is exceptional , so much talent..

WOODMOUSE49 Fri 30-Oct-20 00:58:49

Amazing. Breathtaking. Inspirational. Beautiful. There are many words to describe this programme and the family.

Remote cameras capture a lockdown concert performed by the Kanneh-Mason family from their home in Nottingham, with interviews with the seven musically gifted siblings.

59 minutes of sheer magic. We watched this with with odd word passing between the two of us. Words of praise for such a family.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000kycj/imagine-2020-this-house-is-full-of-music

I hope a few more GNers get to watch this and have their hearts lifted.